Biocentric EBB....what other frames does it work with?- Mtbr.com
    jmw
    mtbr member

Biocentric EBB....what other frames does it work with?

Niner came out with the neato new Biocentric EBB insert....it works with 55mm ID shells, but which frames does it work with other than the Niner frames?

Specifically I want to know if anyone has tried one in a Zion 737ebb frame? (don't have the frame yet so I can't put the calipers on it...)

thanks
    future nature

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I doubt anything other than custom. They sell the BB shell and EBB to custom builders. Other designs, like the Zion, probably don't have the same diameter shell.

jmw
    mtbr member
    hmmm....

ok, well...I'm going to measure the frame when I get it....and for grins, I'll also get a measurement on my El Mariachi EBB shell to compare.

Doesn't seem to be much interest here which is surprising since so many people like to ***** and moan about their EBB (at least those people who don't like an EBB).

Personally, I like the bushnell design, but haven't had as good as luck w/ the set screw type....
    future nature

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    There have been some posts and pics of it working with the Soul Cycle Dillinger .

mtbr member
    What about the Phil Wood EBB? What is the size of that an will it fit a Mariachi?

I ask because I have read great things about the function of this piece compared to the Bushnell.

jmw
    mtbr member
    both the Zion737ebb and the Salsa El Mariachi use 2.125" shells, so no BioCentric EBB.

however, any of the following would work:
    Bushnell original
    Carver Bushnell
    Co-Motion EBB
    Phil Wood EBB (on set screw type like the Zion)
    future nature

And He was Not
    I saw one in a new model Rig yesterday
    The Truth is out there. Here it isThe TRUTH

i heart singletrack
    Quote Originally Posted by jmw
    both the Zion737ebb and the Salsa El Mariachi use 2.125" shells, so no BioCentric EBB.

however, any of the following would work:
    Bushnell original
    Carver Bushnell
    Co-Motion EBB
    Phil Wood EBB (on set screw type like the Zion)
    I believe the BioCentric will work in an El Mariachi...
    I like bikes

i heart singletrack
    Quote Originally Posted by jmw
    hmmm....

ok, well...I'm going to measure the frame when I get it....and for grins, I'll also get a measurement on my El Mariachi EBB shell to compare.

Doesn't seem to be much interest here which is surprising since so many people like to ***** and moan about their EBB (at least those people who don't like an EBB).

Personally, I like the bushnell design, but haven't had as good as luck w/ the set screw type....
    I've had no problems with either of the Bushnells in my El Mariachis either. I love them... When I hear people talk about creaking or them being hard to adjust, I just don't know what they're talking about. Mine are silent, straightforward and super easy to work on. The one in my 2007 frame has only been out of the frame once in its entire life and it continues to work super smooth! Insane...
    I like bikes

Members who have read this thread: 0