Bike Case and a 29'er

Printable View

• 09-09-2009
    Crankarm
    Bike Case and a 29'er
    I should have known, but i was shocked to find out that my 29'er wheels won't fit in my Performance bike case. If i were to take the tires off the rims...then they will fit, but then i have to deal with the whole STANS thing. Makes it a bit harder to travel with the 29'er on the airline. Anybody know of a case that 29'er wheels with the tires on will fit in?
  • 09-09-2009
    sean salach
    if i remember correctly, i used to only mostly deflate my tires to put my bike in a trico iron case.
  • 09-09-2009
    TR
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Crankarm
    I should have known, but i was shocked to find out that my 29'er wheels won't fit in my Performance bike case. If i were to take the tires off the rims...then they will fit, but then i have to deal with the whole STANS thing. Makes it a bit harder to travel with the 29'er on the airline. Anybody know of a case that 29'er wheels with the tires on will fit in?

Travelled to Canada from Australia recently using a Zipp soft case.
    Had to slightly deflate my tyres but the wheels fit into the pockets for them.
    Also had to take my bars off and strap them to the frame and removed my pedals.
    Along with some foam tubing and cardboard from a bike box my Jet9 made it safely through 4 separate flights.
  • 09-09-2009
    teamdicky
    My Performance Pro Team Case makes me deflate my tires a little bit but not much.

• 09-09-2009
    gtluke
    I'm really interested to know if I'd still be able to do this with a 29er
    Building a hard tail now but if I like it I'd get a full suspension just so I can do this:
    http://gtluke.com/2009/01/09/biking-vegas/