Best mudguards?- Mtbr.com

Thread: Best mudguards?

mtbr member
    Jan 2011

Best mudguards?

Hey guys,
    Well i just ordered my first 29'er and can't wait!! I have however been searching unsuccessfully for mudguards that actually look like they will do a decent job. So i am wondering if anyone here knows of any? I know that on the trails it will just get clogged up however I use the bike to get to work and such, so I need a good mudguard that will basically just keep the water of my back when riding Any advice much appreciated as all the 26'er mud guards i used didn't do the job efficiently on my smaller bike. :P

Cheers,
    Aaron

Is dang happy!
    I have had the planet bike cascadia fenders on my commuter for three years and they work great. If you use it for real MTBing I would get the removable ones, full fenders get noisy on fast bumpy trails.
    Last edited by Mr. Doom; 01-26-2011 at 11:42 AM.
    The wheel is a extension of the foot

psycho cyclo addict
    I saw the ultimate one on a guy's MTB outside of Red Lodge Montana last year that I've been on the hunt for. It was a seat post mounted telescoping one. Unfortunately I didn't remember the name of it (getting OLD sucks) and I haven't seen it online anywhere.

mtbr member
    I run the SKS Shock Blades. They have 29er specific models. Seem to keep me mostly clean as long as I remember to put them in the car before the ride.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Hill-Pumper
    I run the SKS Shock Blades. They have 29er specific models. Seem to keep me mostly clean as long as I remember to put them in the car before the ride.
    Hey cheers dude those look like they will do the trick!! Now i just need to wait for my bike to hurry up and arrive!! Can't wait for the 29'er experience!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by azronc
    Hey cheers dude those look like they will do the trick!! Now i just need to wait for my bike to hurry up and arrive!! Can't wait for the 29'er experience!
    Glad to help. Just one note, make sure the check screws for the front mount and also the ones on the rear fender periodically , They tend to back out over time.Other then that, you are good to go. Hope you enjoy your new 29er.

Members who have read this thread: 0