Banshee alternative?- Mtbr.com
    NMBP

Banshee alternative?

I have really been eyeballing the Banshee lately, and love the idea of the really short chain stays. However, I really would like a little less travel, say 100mm, and probably don't need such a beefy/heavy build. So what else is out there that is similar yet different? I would want geared only, traditional drop outs. Has anyone tried running a 100mm fork on a Banshee? Probably not, but thought I would toss it out there. Oh, I would need an XL with a TT of around 25.25 or so I guess. Thanks.

Former Bike Wrench
    If you look at the geometry table, it shows both 5" and 4" (100mm) so I don't think there would be any issues with running the shorter travel fork.

NMBP
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker72
    If you look at the geometry table, it shows both 5" and 4" (100mm) so I don't think there would be any issues with running the shorter travel fork.
    Thanks, yeah, it looks like a 100mm would work. Just wondering if it would change the spirit of the bike, or just transform it a bit. I do like a quick, but not nervous handling bike, and at 70 degrees, it shouldn't be too quick. This frame just seems very fun. So, no other options out there?

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Doesn't Canfield have a "all-mountain" hardtail? Maybe I'm thinking of something else, might be worth looking into.

Former Bike Wrench
    Quote Originally Posted by RookieBeotch
    Doesn't Canfield have a "all-mountain" hardtail? Maybe I'm thinking of something else, might be worth looking into.
    Similar numbers as the Banshee...but made with steel

Nimble 9

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    The nimble 9 has sliders, the OP wants traditional geared dropouts.

How about a Pro29 with a 100mm fork? you can get one with geared drop outs. Or maybe Soul Cycles?
    I like to ride Bikes. This might be turning into an obsession, not sure?

mtbr member
    if you like short chainstays you check into lenz bike they are known for having the shortest....

NMBP
    Quote Originally Posted by jjcools
    The nimble 9 has sliders, the OP wants traditional geared dropouts.

How about a Pro29 with a 100mm fork? you can get one with geared drop outs. Or maybe Soul Cycles?
    Yes, those are beautiful frames, but a lot more than I want to spend. It just seems like bang for the buck, the Paradox is the way to go. Thanks everyone, some good ideas. I have been really digging the AIR9 for a long time as well. Too many bikes, too little money!

Members who have read this thread: 0