Available???- Mtbr.com

Thread: Available???

Noob

Available???

All right folks, I was just wondering if we could assemble a giant list of available 29" bikes?

I've been poking around the board and just kind of have a running list in my head, but I have had a hard time trying to find bikes outside of the ones mentioned on this board. So if you guys could help me out that would be great. I see this great little ad over to my left for Wily cycles, but other than that nobody really advertises their 29ers. Thanks in advance.

DH

Recovering couch patato
    There are a few lists out there, probably also in the FAQ thread, second from the top.

Most brands are obviously custom right now, as about all custom builders offer 29"ers, and only a few mainstream builders have shown the balls to gamble on this new fad.

But do feel free to re-post any previous list on here to be amended upon/deleted from.

One deletion to start with : OX Brand seems to be non-existing anymore. I hope the same is not the case for the ultimate and formost 29" maker : Willits Brand.

New additions will soon be our new sponsor Niner Bikes, also Salsa Cycles, Orbea seems to have joined, Mudbats seems to be intending to help us out, etc.
    Klok - XC - Skate - Ski

Noob

Upset son of a...

Quote Originally Posted by Cloxxki
    There are a few lists out there, probably also in the FAQ thread, second from the top.

Most brands are obviously custom right now, as about all custom builders offer 29"ers, and only a few mainstream builders have shown the balls to gamble on this new fad.

But do feel free to re-post any previous list on here to be amended upon/deleted from.

One deletion to start with : OX Brand seems to be non-existing anymore. I hope the same is not the case for the ultimate and formost 29" maker : Willits Brand.

New additions will soon be our new sponsor Niner Bikes, also Salsa Cycles, Orbea seems to have joined, Mudbats seems to be intending to help us out, etc.

I knew I saw a previous list someplace else... who'd a thunk it would have been in the FAQ... sigh... sorry for wasting eveyones time.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005

Sweet- any details on that Salsa 29er?? Scandium frame?

Witty McWitterson
    Do a search on it. There are a few pics and reviews to be seen/read on here.
    Just a regular guy.

Noob

ok...

Here is another aspect of the original question that I've been mulling around. OK, so are there any 29ers that come fully packaged for those of us who are on a strict budget and don't want to go through the hastles of ordering every little concievable part down to the cables?

Go ahead, post away

Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by Downhillin
    Here is another aspect of the original question that I've been mulling around. OK, so are there any 29ers that come fully packaged for those of us who are on a strict budget and don't want to go through the hastles of ordering every little concievable part down to the cables?

Go ahead, post away

Well, you didn't specify a buget, but the GF Rig or X-Caliber would be an affordable prebuilt option. Also, Excel sports (www.excelsports.com) has a Surly KM full build kit option.
    MTBR is serious stuff.
    You never get better until you get out of your comfort zone.

Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheelboy_490
    Well, you didn't specify a buget, but the GF Rig or X-Caliber would be an affordable prebuilt option. Also, Excel sports (www.excelsports.com) has a Surly KM full build kit option.
    Ahhh unfortunitly with me being just out of school, again, budget is generally a BIG concern. Working at a bike shop helps sometimes though...

Hopefully I can pull some strings...

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    QBP offers complete build kits that can be ordered with their Salsa and Surly frames.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Members who have read this thread: 0