Ardent 2.4" + Gordo rim fit in Niner hardtails?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2005

New question here. Ardent 2.4" + Gordo rim fit in Niner hardtails?

Hey all-

Long time lurker, rare poster. I've searched this one, but haven't found the answer, so...

Does anyone know if a Maxxis Ardent 2.4" on a Salsa Gordo rim will fit in the rear of any of the Niner hardtail frames (specifically the EMD and MCR)? A gentleman at Niner said that their frames are designed to all have the same tire clearance, and that the Ardent 2.4 should fit, but wasn't sure if the Gordo rim would be too wide (i.e. make the tire too wide to fit).

If anyone has tried this combo, I'd love to hear about it or see a photo. If the Gordo is too large, I'd likely do Gordo front/Semi rear, both with the Ardent 2.4's. I'll be running tubes. This is for a snow bike and/or otherwise crappy conditions bike. I'd love to have a Pugsley, but don't want the super wide bottom bracket (and q-factor), as well as the proprietary hub setup. Figure this way will give me a decent snow setup, and I can easily switch to studded tires if I need for ice

Greg

Expert Crasher
    At 40 psi, I had 62mm max width on the Ardent 2.4 mounted with tubes on a Gordo. See if you can get a measurement on the chainstay width (usually the limiting factor as opposed to the seatstays).

For snow, you'll run lower pressure so the width would be reduced some.
    Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances. Benjamin Franklin

Members who have read this thread: 0