Applogies to Martini!- Mtbr.com
    Harmonius Wrench

Applogies to Martini!

I attended the Frost Bike dealer only show at QBP today. I was excited to attend the "informal" meetup with the other 29"er brethren that might be there. Well, I show up at noon and it's only me and Martini, who is a regular poster here.

We found out after arriving that the Salsa boys were going to hold a drawing for a pair of 32 hole Salsa Delgado Disc rims to be givin away to one of the fortunate people to show up for the meeting. Well, my odds looked pretty good! Our names were dropped into a red Salsa beanie to be drawn from. I aked if the loser could take the beanie, as I figured at least I'd get something out of the deal! That was agreed to, and the drawing proceeded.

Well, I won! Sorry, Martini! I owe ya, but at least you got the red beanie.

The only real news to come from todays trip to QBP is that Maxxis is planning on bringing out two more tires in 29" sizes. One will be a supposed 2.35 Advantage type tread. That tire in 26" is pretty voluminous with aggressive knobs. The other tire that was talked about was a 29" version of the Cross Mark, which is a very racy looking, low rolling resistance type knobby. Marty might have some more details, and possibly some pics, as he had his camera out today.

Nice to meet you, Martini, you'll get your Delgado Discs.........someday!
    Riden' an Smilin'
    Guitar Ted

Blog
    RidingGravel.com

Only dead people are old
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitar Ted
    The only real news to come from todays trip to QBP is that Maxxis is planning on bringing out two more tires in 29" sizes. One will be a supposed 2.35 Advantage type tread. That tire in 26" is pretty voluminous with aggressive knobs. The other tire that was talked about was a 29" version of the Cross Mark, which is a very racy looking, low rolling resistance type knobby. Marty might have some more details, and possibly some pics, as he had his camera out today.
    Too bad about the low attendance...oh wait a minute I mean yeah that's good since you guys walked away with some cool swag...

Dear Salsa, I really would like have been there, but I had to make a choice between buying a plane ticket to get there or purchasing a new Dos Niner...the duh factor dictated that I do the right thing and purchase the frame...maybe next year I can make it.

From another whisper - I hear that Panaracer is coming out with a new 2.3 tire this year also...

UPDATE: 11:03 PM Sent an e mail out to Panaracer tonight about 29" tires. Got word back a few minutes ago stating: "The Fire Cross is a 29 x 1.9 and we're coming out with a 29 x 2.3 in July. " ...More than just a rumor

Recovering couch patato
    A Maxxis Larson TT 2.35" in eXception would be way cool. I have the 26" steel bead version, and it's big, and fast. XC-Fast actually. Just a bit porky, hence the eXception wish.

Sounds like we're going to be up to our neck in 2.3+ tires by summertime, if all rumors prove true!
    Now who's going to lead the way with a 2.5? :-)

Always Learning
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloxxki
    Sounds like we're going to be up to our neck in 2.3+ tires by summertime, if all rumors prove true!

Now who's going to lead the way with a 2.5? :-)
    Whoa, Clox - don't push it!

mtbr member
    I was at QBP...and was even in the Salsa booth at about 11:45. I must have gotten sidetracked and totally forgot about the noon discussion thing. I was hoping to get to meet you G-Ted too...I was there with dirtram and the Smith's boys. Congrats on the new hoops!

mtbr member
    such good news, I love rubber!

Members who have read this thread: 0