Anyone familiar with these hubs?- Mtbr.com
    TomOneTi
    Oct 2005

Anyone familiar with these hubs?

See add below. Any experience with these hubs? Is this a good deal for these hubs?

"Brand new never used Hadley Hub disc brake wheelset, black, disc only, 32 hole, black Velocity (brand) VXC (model)disc specific rims, black DT double butted spokes, alloy nipples, light but strong, pro built, titanium cassette body, sealed cartidge bearings, includes Hadley skewers, and two Kenda Kosmik Lite tires in boxes, great for XC or light freeride, total costs $700, sell $450."

mtbr member

Have some Hadleys

Quote Originally Posted by tgriesel
    See add below. Any experience with these hubs? Is this a good deal for these hubs?

"Brand new never used Hadley Hub disc brake wheelset, black, disc only, 32 hole, black Velocity (brand) VXC (model)disc specific rims, black DT double butted spokes, alloy nipples, light but strong, pro built, titanium cassette body, sealed cartidge bearings, includes Hadley skewers, and two Kenda Kosmik Lite tires in boxes, great for XC or light freeride, total costs $700, sell $450."
    I've had a set of Hadleys on my 26" bike for years. Not King, but not bad. $450 seems reasonable if they're brand new esp. with rubber.

May 2004

Love the Hadleys

I like the Hadleys better than Kings especially considering CK's new pricing. It takes special wrenches to service, but they are fairly cheap to purchase, and once you have the wrenches the service is intuitive. The Ti body on the Hadleys won't deform as easily as the Al of the Kings. They also make a quick engagement hub for the trials crowd. I think it is 108 pt. engangement...almost instant.
    Seems like a pretty good deal with the rubber.

Quote Originally Posted by tgriesel

Sep 2005
    In my experience very nice hubs.

Members who have read this thread: 0