Any Titus 29" FCR's??- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Any Titus 29" FCR's??

Hi all. I'm looking at a couple bikes for my summer bike purchase, so I doing my homework now. I live in the Midwest and I really want a niner for my all purpose bike; commuting and some trial riding.
    I love my Titus Switchblade and so I want to stick w/ a Titus 'cause I know they'll do amazing Ti work on my future frame and they have great customer service. I really wanted a Racer-X but chance to switch from SS to geared is much too tempting to pass up. They do make a softtail similar to the Moots and I have that on my mind also.
    My question is, does anybody have this bike? or anything like it; custom Ti niner? Has anybody made a Niner into a regular 26" MNT bike (for mud clearance..)?
    Thanks for all the help...
    "You can become a very fast donkey, but you'll never be a thoroughbred..."

featherweight clydesdale
    Quote Originally Posted by homey
    Hi all. I'm looking at a couple bikes for my summer bike purchase, so I doing my homework now. I live in the Midwest and I really want a niner for my all purpose bike; commuting and some trial riding.
    I love my Titus Switchblade and so I want to stick w/ a Titus 'cause I know they'll do amazing Ti work on my future frame and they have great customer service. I really wanted a Racer-X but chance to switch from SS to geared is much too tempting to pass up. They do make a softtail similar to the Moots and I have that on my mind also.
    My question is, does anybody have this bike? or anything like it; custom Ti niner? Has anybody made a Niner into a regular 26" MNT bike (for mud clearance..)?
    Thanks for all the help...
    If you have your heart set on the RX, could you just run a Surly Singulator in ss mode (sorry to purist..)? As far as converting to 26" for mud, forget it. Your b. bracket would be to low. Besides, a proper 29"er has plenty of clearance. If it's really muddy, you shouldn't be on the trail anyway, unless of course its private land and its cool with the owner.