Any Lynskey Riders??- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Any Lynskey Riders??

Just wondering what people thought about their Lynskey. Considering a new Ridgeline. Thoughts or suggestions??? Thanks

banned
    I have owned upwards of 30 mountainbikes since 91 and without a doubt, my pro29 is the best bike I have ever owned. The feel of Ti is hard to compare to anything else but it is silky smooth and laterally stiff. Their customer service in my experience has been second to none as well. If you are on the fence, call them and discuss what your wants/needs are and they can get you set up with just about anything. There is a reason that they build most of everyone else's Ti frames for them.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Check out the reviews. They all seem positive. I love my Ridgeline, it is the first gen but is it really fun and fast.
    I like to ride Bikes. This might be turning into an obsession, not sure?

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Actually I was just on the phone with Jack from Lynskey.(On aSunday no less) that in itself makes me feel good about them. I have a 32" inseam. Does a Large sound right? Also I like to jump/bunnyhop stuff in the woods. Is the Ridgeline a good "woods" bike?

banned
    I would think you are in between large and medium but I would see what Jack suggests. I can tell you that my top tube is 1/2 inch shorter than it's supposed to be but I have ZERO complaints about anything with my frame.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy B
    Just wondering what people thought about their Lynskey. Considering a new Ridgeline. Thoughts or suggestions??? Thanks

I have a Pro29. It's a nice bike. Nothing earth-shattering but I like it. Could be a bit stiffer in the BB, but it has a nice ride and the geometry works for me.

Peace & Love
    Actually I was just on the phone with Jack from Lynskey.(On aSunday no less) that in itself makes me feel good about them. I have a 32" inseam. Does a Large sound right? Also I like to jump/bunnyhop stuff in the woods. Is the Ridgeline a good "woods" bike?
    not sure....what top tube length do you like? so long as you have standover who cares...do you like short stems? long stems? etc.

I have about a 34.5" inseam and would ride a large...don't care what others with that inseam would ride, i like a 24.5" toptube so thats what i go by

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    not sure....what top tube length do you like? so long as you have standover who cares...do you like short stems? long stems? etc.

I have about a 34.5" inseam and would ride a large...don't care what others with that inseam would ride, i like a 24.5" toptube so thats what i go by
    Yeah my Redline d440 is a 19 with a 90mm stem on it. It seems to be pretty good. So many decisions.... Nobody around has one,and that is another reason to get one.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    As Cruso mentioned give Jack, Don, on myself (Mike) a call here at the factory and we would be more than happy to talk about sizing, geometry, and answer any questions you may have.

mtbr member
    I'm a VERY satisfied customer!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Luv my Lynskey(s)

09 Ridgeline...trying to resist upgrading to the 10' Pro

Fatback (made by Lynksey)

mtbr member
    I love mine. The folks at Lynskey have provided excellent customer support. Mine is a variation of an 2010 Pro 29 with a few changes here and there. One of the things that I like about Lynskey is that their bikes are constantly evolving. If they find a better way to do something they will. They seem generally interested in customer feedback.

Peace & Love
    Quote Originally Posted by Schultz29
    I love mine. The folks at Lynskey have provided excellent customer support. Mine is a variation of an 2010 Pro 29 with a few changes here and there. One of the things that I like about Lynskey is that their bikes are constantly evolving. If they find a better way to do something they will. They seem generally interested in customer feedback.
    agree regarding customer service. The guys at Lynskey are great to work with and not once called me any names (not over the phone anyway)! That speaks volumes

I dont have a ridgeline but think it would be a killer choice, especially the 2010

Ti is addictive
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    agree regarding customer service. The guys at Lynskey are great to work with and not once called me any names (not over the phone anyway)! That speaks volumes

I dont have a ridgeline but think it would be a killer choice, especially the 2010

I think my build has become the most hated build in Lynskey history according to Don, so I've trumped you on that one Fo. But you're right, they have good customer service.
    "Can I put a Totem on a FTM?".....Originally Posted by All Mountain

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I'm very happy with my 2009 Ridgeline-SL. I purchased mine through a local dealer, but I interacted with Mike at Lynskey pre and post sale. They have a great team.
    -Greg
    Lynskey Ridgeline 29-SL, Truvativ Hammerschmidt, Cannondale Lefty 29er SL w/ DLR (Project321 adaptor). 26 lbs.

Peace & Love
    Quote Originally Posted by TiEndo
    I think my build has become the most hated build in Lynskey history according to Don, so I've trumped you on that one Fo.
    damnit! that's it...i am ordering a new frame today

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    [QUOTE=TiEndo]I think my build has become the most hated build in Lynskey history[QUOTE]

That is a stupid comment to make without any pics or details on the build. I need more info... Tell me it is like the Fo special, only better...
    I like to ride Bikes. This might be turning into an obsession, not sure?

Peace & Love
    Quote Originally Posted by jjcools
    Tell me it is like the Fo special, only better...
    a physical impossibility unless by "better" you mean not as rad

Ti is addictive
    [QUOTE=jjcools][QUOTE=TiEndo]I think my build has become the most hated build in Lynskey history

That is a stupid comment to make without any pics or details on the build. I need more info... Tell me it is like the Fo special, only better...

No.....but it was nice that Lynskey used me for the geometry of the small frame for their 29er cruiser line.

Some problems with their shipping department and painter are being sorted out and hopefully I can be riding this by weeks end.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Any Lynskey Riders??-ti-cruiser.jpg  

"Can I put a Totem on a FTM?".....Originally Posted by All Mountain

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    yuummm. nice looking frame

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    WOw Thanks for all the great positive response!!!! That maakes me feel even better. Anybody wanna buy a 58cm Chris Chance?!!?!?! Got to lighten the stable a little bit! I hope by Wednesday I can order mine up!!!!

Peace & Love
    Quote Originally Posted by TiEndo
    No.....but it was nice that Lynskey used me for the geometry of the small frame for their 29er cruiser line.

Some problems with their shipping department and painter are being sorted out and hopefully I can be riding this by weeks end.
    Philip, let's be honest...its not the build Lynskey hates, its you Don't feel bad, we can't all be as charming and as well liked as me

and in the spirit of attention-whoring, since at best I can only e-ride right now, here is my Lynskey

mtbr member
    I guess I'm the only one... didn't like my Pro29.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Fat Bob
    WHy not ? Inquiring minds ya know

mtbr member

Lynskey Ridgeline

I have a 2009 Ridgeline... LOVE IT!

http://lightpack.blogspot.com/2009/1...-december.html

Any Lynskey Riders??-lynskey.jpg

Peace & Love
    i am sure the feeling is mutual

mtbr member
    WHy not ? Inquiring minds ya know
    I had an older Pro 29 ('08). It was pretty flexy to the point where I could feel it when I climbed. Contacted Lynskey about the situation and was told that it was going to be $xxx.xx to add a brake brace, and when combined with $xx.xx shipping both ways, on top of what I had already paid for the bike, I just couldn't justify keeping it. I know this is the exception rather than the rule, I just expected more from all the hype around here.

I think they're great bikes for the $, but I doubt I'd purchase another from them (My second from the Lynskey Family). If I go Ti again, I'll probably go with a Moots or an IF.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I did it!! Its ordered!!!! End of the month Jack says,pretty excited maybe I can sleep now. Thanks Mike for your help also. Its the most I've ever dropped at one time on a bike!!

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    I have a 2010 Ridgeline SS with sliders. It is a great fit and ride. It is a no compromise, top quality frame. (Handles like a 26er)

banned
    I had an older Pro 29 ('08). It was pretty flexy to the point where I could feel it when I climbed. Contacted Lynskey about the situation and was told that it was going to be $xxx.xx to add a brake brace,
    Wow, they added the brake brace to my 09 for free and I didn't even ask for it.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I just got my pro29 frame yesterday and it's a thing of beauty. I had it built with an oversized Lefty headtube and a BB30 bottom bracket shell. I hope to have it built up by this weekend but I'm still waiting on a couple parts. The Lynskey crew is great, a small company full of passionate people.

I've also been really happy with the Lynskey R330 road bike I have. I swapped directly from a Litespeed Icon frame to the R330 and the Lynskey is noticeably stiffer and more responsive. Not all Ti is the same, you'll be happy you went with Lynskey.

mtbr member
    I had an older Pro 29 ('08). It was pretty flexy to the point where I could feel it when I climbed. Contacted Lynskey about the situation and was told that it was going to be $xxx.xx to add a brake brace, and when combined with $xx.xx shipping both ways, on top of what I had already paid for the bike, I just couldn't justify keeping it. I know this is the exception rather than the rule, I just expected more from all the hype around here.

I think they're great bikes for the $, but I doubt I'd purchase another from them (My second from the Lynskey Family). If I go Ti again, I'll probably go with a Moots or an IF.
    Hey FB, did you buy that 08' Pro 29 new?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by None
    Hey FB, did you buy that 08' Pro 29 new?
    Yes, bought it as overstock frame from a shop. It had been built for display only as far as I know.

Team Awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by EmilyB
    I just got my pro29 frame yesterday and it's a thing of beauty. I had it built with an oversized Lefty headtube and a BB30 bottom bracket shell. I hope to have it built up by this weekend but I'm still waiting on a couple parts. The Lynskey crew is great, a small company full of passionate people.

I've also been really happy with the Lynskey R330 road bike I have. I swapped directly from a Litespeed Icon frame to the R330 and the Lynskey is noticeably stiffer and more responsive. Not all Ti is the same, you'll be happy you went with Lynskey.
    What was the upcharge for these changes?

mtbr member
    Yes, bought it as overstock frame from a shop. It had been built for display only as far as I know.
    If you're as fat as your name suggests then you should have probably gone custom. That's easy for me to say as custom frames cost quite a bit more. I'm several biscuits over Clydesdale weight and no off-the-shelf frame has ever really worked for me. My Lynskey is rock solid, no flex, no tire rub, no tires scraping the front derailluer and no skipping chain under heavy load.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by playpunk
    What was the upcharge for these changes?
    For 2010 we have a Houseblend Pro29 dubbed the "Pro29 Lefty" that comes stock with a Lefty head tube, BB30 bottom bracket shell and is priced at only $2295. Look for official information on our website in the coming days.

mtbr member
    I loved the way mine rode.

(note, you're not supposed to run the Niner Carbon fork with a Thomson Elite stem. That wedge thing on the carbon steer tube is a no-no.)

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jmilliron
    I loved the way mine rode.

(note, you're not supposed to run the Niner Carbon fork with a Thomson Elite stem. That wedge thing on the carbon steer tube is a no-no.)
    Did you sell your Ridgeline?

I think you are talking about the thomson elite stem, right? I ran an X4 on mine without any problem.

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=cruso414]Did you sell your Ridgeline?

I checked his blog; cracked the downtube while riding along...Let's see how Lynskey treats him...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cruso414
    I think you are talking about the thomson elite stem, right? I ran an X4 on mine without any problem.
    Yeah, I switched it out to an X4.

Quote Originally Posted by Climber999
    I checked his blog; cracked the downtube while riding along...Let's see how Lynskey treats him...
    Yeah, **** happens and fortunately this isn't occurring during race season. Lynskey customer service (Mike) has been very responsive so far. They got my frame yesterday so hopefully I'll soon hear what the deal is.

edit; clarification; my frame is covered under warranty, just waiting to hear if it will be repaired or replaced.
    Last edited by jmilliron; 02-03-2010 at 03:43 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Schultz29
    If you're as fat as your name suggests then you should have probably gone custom. That's easy for me to say as custom frames cost quite a bit more. I'm several biscuits over Clydesdale weight and no off-the-shelf frame has ever really worked for me. My Lynskey is rock solid, no flex, no tire rub, no tires scraping the front derailluer and no skipping chain under heavy load.
    I'm not quite a Clyde, never had a frame flex like this (this is my 4th ti frame). As I stated before, exception not rule on my bike, but as someone who buys at least one bike a year, there won't be any repeat business from me.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Hey Fo What is the dealio with your head tube? And may I ask what Reba is that?

banned
    [QUOTE=Climber999]
    Quote Originally Posted by cruso414
    Did you sell your Ridgeline?

Let's hope they treat him like they did me.

Noticed a crack on the paragon slider and emailed Lynskey on sunday, recieved an email from Jack the same day! ON SUNDAY!

Shipped the frame to them on monday, they recieved it tuesday, recieved it back with new sliders welded on, brake brace added, and custom acid etching done on wednesday. Needless to say, their customer service is WAY beyond top notch.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    [QUOTE=cruso414]
    Quote Originally Posted by Climber999
    Let's hope they treat him like they did me.

Noticed a crack on the paragon slider and emailed Lynskey on sunday, recieved an email from Jack the same day! ON SUNDAY!

Shipped the frame to them on monday, they recieved it tuesday, recieved it back with new sliders welded on, brake brace added, and custom acid etching done on wednesday. Needless to say, their customer service is WAY beyond top notch.
    Dude that is awesome!!! Yeah Jack called me back on a Sunday also. thats GREAT customer service!!

Members who have read this thread: 0