Any change to Inbred?- Mtbr.com
    Transplant

Any change to Inbred?

(Did a small search and nothing turned up, soooo)

Called ZedSport today to inquire about a Inbred 29er and Louis let me know that they were making their way across the pond via canoe and wanted to see if their were any changes. I am very intrested in picking one up as our shop just got a ZedSport account and have another rider looking at one. Looking to see if any changes were made from the last batch that was in the US. Really like the design of the frame and fork. Should make for a very fun ride!

Also noticed that they list an reynolds 853 Inbred frame and wondering if they do that in the 29er? I would spring for the 853 if it were available but am sure I will perfectly happy on the 4130. Thanks!
    Last edited by ekoostick; 02-14-2006 at 04:56 PM. Reason: whoops

Nat
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ekoostick
    (Did a small search and nothing turned up, soooo)

Called ZedSport today to inquire about a Inbred 29er and Louis let me know that they were making their way across the pond via canoe and wanted to see if their were any changes. I am very intrested in picking one up as our shop just got a ZedSport account and have another rider looking at one. Looking to see if any changes were made from the last batch that was in the US. Really like the design of the frame and fork. Should make for a very fun ride!

Also noticed that they list an reynolds 853 Inbred frame and wondering if they do that in the 29er? I would spring for the 853 if it were available but am sure I will perfectly happy on the 4130. Thanks!
    I heard that the new models will have more fork crown clearance.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat
    I heard that the new models will have more fork crown clearance.
    Yes. I think that was all. I don't think they've got any coming over JUST yet, but it won't be long. I'll have to check scheduling.

SyT
    mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    So what about the 853 29er???

Transplant
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    Yes. I think that was all. I don't think they've got any coming over JUST yet, but it won't be long. I'll have to check scheduling.
    Thanks Brant! Your guys at ZedSport (Lewis and Peter) are SUPER friendly and easy to deal with! I wish I could reserve one of those that is coming over but I guess I will just have to keep checking back. Any chance you could give me an ETA?

Also yeah, is there such thing as an On-One Inbred 853 29er? That would be awesome and I bet would be a pretty big seller over here. Thanks a lot man!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ekoostick
    Thanks Brant! Your guys at ZedSport (Lewis and Peter) are SUPER friendly and easy to deal with! I wish I could reserve one of those that is coming over but I guess I will just have to keep checking back. Any chance you could give me an ETA?

Also yeah, is there such thing as an On-One Inbred 853 29er? That would be awesome and I bet would be a pretty big seller over here. Thanks a lot man!
    I am sure they can do some sort of reserve thing for you.

we have no 853 frames, and no plans to.

Biggest problem for us is that we like to react very quickly and I am never very happy with long long leadtimes from Reynolds for 853 tube, which has to come from the UK, either by air (expensive, fast) or sea (slow, cheaper).

Easton make Scandium tube in Taiwan, so it's much quicker.

Also, getting a long enough downtube in 853 is still difficult. I haven't checked the drawings, but I imagine Niners EBB unit makes it easier to work with the short tube lengths. Unless they got something custom made.

We did 853 many years ago for our first frames, and though we have ZERO problems, it's not anything we're in a rush to go back to.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SyT
    So what about the 853 29er???
    There is no 853 29er. There is a Scandium one coming though.

Transplant
    I am sure they can do some sort of reserve thing for you.

we have no 853 frames, and no plans to.

Biggest problem for us is that we like to react very quickly and I am never very happy with long long leadtimes from Reynolds for 853 tube, which has to come from the UK, either by air (expensive, fast) or sea (slow, cheaper).

Easton make Scandium tube in Taiwan, so it's much quicker.

Also, getting a long enough downtube in 853 is still difficult. I haven't checked the drawings, but I imagine Niners EBB unit makes it easier to work with the short tube lengths. Unless they got something custom made.

We did 853 many years ago for our first frames, and though we have ZERO problems, it's not anything we're in a rush to go back to.

My mistake then! Thanks for the very quick followup!

See Spot bike
    May 2005

Are they still going to come in white?

Brant,

White is still my color of choice, but, are there any plans to offer different colors?

How about a Ti version?

Thanks

Patiently waiting for my 18” to come off the boat…is it here yet?

mtbr member
    No plans for another colour.
    No plans for Ti.

mtbr member
    No plans for another colour.
    No plans for Ti.

i love white, but no plans for Ti due to low demand? eerr........ can we have a poll on that? hehehehe

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by WarPigs
    i love white, but no plans for Ti due to low demand? eerr........ can we have a poll on that? hehehehe
    No plans for Ti because of increased material costs, and just the fact is Ti is so so expensive. And I don't really like people spending $$$ on bikes, when they could spend it on their wives and children :-)

Our Scandium frame is half the price of a ti one, and just as nice a ride.

Members who have read this thread: 0