Anthem 29er X1 recall in Australia - Other countries?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Anthem 29er X1 recall in Australia - Other countries?

So the bad news from downunder is that the Anthem X1 29er (the only version sold in Australia) has been subject to a recall. For those lucky enough to receive one (and there are very, very few - sadly I'm still on the waiting list) they're being asked to return it. Apparently the XL size is ok but all other sizes need to be returned.

The apparent cause is a problem with the top tube/seat tube join. The thread on Rotorburn (aussie website) is here: http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/show...m-X-29er/page8

What i'm interested in is whether this is happening in the US or anywhere else the bike has actually been delivered. It's purely from a selfish perspective - I want to know if Giant Australia could draw down on a global allocation instead

Owners/shop owners?

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    My LBS just called me today and told me that there was recall. Unfortunately I just had the my left hand Shimano Saint brake installed a few days ago. The bike is very agile and manuverable.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I heard recall yesterday from a dealer in Fullerton Ca USA

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Maybe you could buy one of the recalls for a deal if you waive the frame warranty. I bet the recalled bikes would be fine for skinny, non-huckin' folk.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Here's an owner that happily handed his bike over to the dealer (after 3 fun days of ownership). I have an Anthem 2 26er as replacement till the 29er gets replaced - very happy with Giant and the service and back up. Rather have a replacement than a frame failure and lose teeth!

banjo plunker, wrench
    As other dealers found out yesterday, the large, medium, and small frames of ALL the 2011 Giant Anthem 29ers are being recalled and a "stop-sell" has been issued to keep them out of circulation until a replacement comes into production. This is sad news, but it will be better to eliminate all worries. I hope the revised version of the Anthem X 29er will be available soon, I can't wait to try one out!
    any time spent riding a bicycle is re-cycled goodness....

Members who have read this thread: 0