another one to the dark side- Mtbr.com
    Loving Life

another one to the dark side

I know this may have been posted by other people before but I can't hold myself back.

So I bought a used 29er (specialized sj marathon) with a bunch of upgraded components (x0 etc...) to use for my race rig this upcoming season. It was either upgrade my giant trance 1 which I still have to a lighter full sus 26er or get a hardtail 29er. I like to get out of the saddle alot and hammer down and I hated the power loss into the rear sus so I decided a hardtail 29er it was w/ 80mm of squish up front.

It sat in my basement for about a month since other then hours on the trainer, the only riding I could do was mostly road with a little trail riding due to the weater. I could't take out my 29er because of the amount of salt on the roads, so I was just waiting for time to go by until I could ride it.

I had a winter race (no road) today and pulled out the new rig. I wasn't sure what to expect, but all I can say is wow. It excellerates extrmely fast (I also lost 30lbs since last year) climbs amazing, and goes over logs super easy and fast. I couldn't believe how a little log on an uphill climb that with a 16er would cause the bike to bounce like crazy, would barely even be notcieable with the 29er. I never got to try it out at full speed in the tight twisty stuff or on the downhills due to the amount of snow, but from what I experienced I was pretty damn impressed.

Just thought I'd pass this along I couldn't resist

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    It is amazing. Welcome.

Working Man's Toilet
    Trev it only gets better- wait til you try an FS 29er- YUMMY!

you do this at my size
    Mmmm...the koolaid is good!
    if you don't feel like riding, that's usually when you need it most

Members who have read this thread: 0