Another "forking" question- Mtbr.com
    Space Ghost

Another "forking" question

I am done with my WB Fluid 110. I have never been happy with the feel. This is after three years of constant "fiddling" and now after another fluid change, I will sell it. I am about 200 lbs. and ride mostly technical singletrack (rooty, rocky, short steep climbs and drops). I am considering the following forks for my Dillinger: (they are all new)
    2009 Fox F-29 120 mm $566 (I have this same fork on my '09 RIP and love it)
    2009 Reba SL 100 mm $400 (Have only a short ride on a 2010 Team, not long enough to help)
    2009 Race $480, if the only diff. is pushlock, I'll pass.
    2009 Team $542, again, don't know why it is more money.
    2010 Manitou Minute 100mm $450, supposedly redesigned, never ridden, don't know anything about it.

Any constructive help is appreciated. I am a big fan of Fox forks, just don't know if it is worth the extra coin.
    "No good deed goes unpunished"

And He was Not
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach417
    2009 Fox F-29 120 mm $566 (I have this same fork on my '09 RIP and love it)

And there is your answer. I've got a Dillenger and I'm running a Fox @ 100mm. It matches up really well.
    The Truth is out there. Here it isThe TRUTH

Space Ghost
    I think I know it is the answer, but I would really like to save some coin. My RIP is my primary ride and the Dillinger is more for fun. I just want something with a more plush feel. Don't need a lot of bells and whistles.

Rider and Wrench
    Well.... I have a preference for Fox as well but tried an 09' Reba Team and it was a very nice Fork- very close to my 09' fox F29 RLC 120 but once you get to such a close price comparison the Reba's Value diminishes a bit-

For your use the REBA SL sounds like it is the way to go it is adjustable from 80-120 by fiddling with the internal spacers, though 120 with no T/A is pushing that fork IMO- the Fox 120 has a bit beefier build compared to the 80/100mm F29 versions from what I have researched vs the Reba which does not differ (QR specific anyway) -
    I Just wish I could ride more!

Expert Crasher
    Odd - my Fluid 110 has been money for me here in South Florida. But, since you want a change - hard to go wrong with the Fox or new Reba. Since you're familiar with the Fox - I'd go for that.
    Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances. Benjamin Franklin

Space Ghost
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLightGo
    Odd - my Fluid 110 has been money for me here in South Florida. But, since you want a change - hard to go wrong with the Fox or new Reba. Since you're familiar with the Fox - I'd go for that.

It's hard to describe. The fork is reliable and plenty stiff. It just has not been even close to having a similar ride to any of my fox forks.

Members who have read this thread: 0