Am I too old to ride a hardtail?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Am I too old to ride a hardtail?

Don't wanna' waste anyone's time, man. Jesus!
    Last edited by tungsten; 06-16-2018 at 11:12 AM.

Out spokin'
    Maybe. How old are you?
    =sParty
    Last edited by Sparticus; 06-18-2018 at 05:41 AM.
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Tell us more: What do you intend to do with it? DJ? XC? Budget?
    skidding is the signature of the novice; learn how to use your brakes.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus View Post
    Cuz they're even MOAR. And they're still steel. I wouldn't want any other frame material for a hardtail. Except maybe titanium. Maybe.
    =sParty
    This.

I have a first Gen Surface. For a few years it was my Do-It-All bike besides the DH sled.

XO1
    Faux 36RC2
    Carb0n rims w/2.3 DHRIIs
    XTR Trail brakes

I'd only consider a semi-custom metal hardtail (Another Surface w/geo changes) or a short travel carb0n FS Łber frame as a replacement for it.

mtbr member
    DJ? XC? Budget?
    PNW. Up and down. Trail. 3 G's +/-.

Dig Chameleon but don't like slack angles - Honzo good angles butt ugly.

140 fork/30id rims/HD orange/blue Addix...........want to weight weenie but I am leary carbon.

mtbr member
    have you ridden the 29er Cham? it really is badass. thing loves to haul

TR
    Angry bunny
    Nordest Bardino.
    Steel, 140mm minimum travel.
    Hands down best bike I have owned (and I have owned plenty made from every material).

Am I too old to ride a hardtail?-20180605_082903.jpg

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by tungsten View Post
    PNW. Up and down. Trail. 3 G's +/-.

Dig Chameleon but don't like slack angles - Honzo good angles butt ugly.

140 fork/30id rims/HD orange/blue Addix...........want to weight weenie but I am leary carbon.
    Vassago VerHauen?

Pretty light for steel with a conservative modern geo. Next batch is getting 31.6 seattubes for dropper capability.

I'm on a current Chameleon and it rips. I'm surprised at how comfortable it is for alloy and the geo is pretty spot on. I'm less impressed with the SC sliding dropouts so looking for a replacement.

VerHauen is on the shortlist for the reasons I mentioned as is the Sonder Signal Ti.

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Bikes to look at and ride:

Trek Stache 9.8

Salsa woodsmoke

Giant XTC advanced

Cannondale FSI

mtbr member
    http://forums.mtbr.com/29er-bikes/pi...e-1068714.html

There are a lot of threads on this, but I can't imagine better than a Moxie.
    Formerly Travis Bickle

Team Robot. "modulation is code for ďI suck at brake control.Ē Hereís a free tip: get better."

mtbr member
    The best, the absolute pinnacle of a 29'er hardtail is the one that fits YOU, having said that i am 48 and ride a hard tail.
    Last edited by RubenAlonzo; 07-02-2018 at 09:29 AM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Don't overlook a Motobecane Ti Fantom Boost. And underrepresented killer. Buy the cheapest model, upgrade the dogcrap wheels and if you feel the need, the fork. Or buy the frameset. I've got one and no complaints other than the aforementioned parts, I beat it with enthusiasm regularly and without mercy.

banned
    Nov 2017
    Specialized Epic Carbon hardtail.

mtbr member
    I have carbon HT (SC Highball) that was my primary bike for few years. XC racing/ endurance racing / bikepacking /bikepack racing and general riding. Loved the bike. I upgraded to XC FS Carbon mostly because I wanted a little more plush rear end on long 50-60 miles endurance racing. Durablity of the bike was never a question.

My other bike is a Singlespeed Vassago Verhauen. Love that bike. Fun to ride. I love way steel rides.

What is best? Heck if I know...
    Joe
    '18 Specialized Epic 29", Vassago Verhauen SS 29", '13 Santa Cruz Solo 27.5", XC, AM, blah blah blah.. I just ride.

mtbr member
    Gotta' have room for 2.6 tyres and stealth dropper ports.

320mm bb height min.

TR
    Angry bunny
    Gotta' have room for 2.6 tyres and stealth dropper ports.

320mm bb height min.
    Bardino does 2.5" tyres, has internal dropper port and 310mm BB height using a 140mm fork, 2.5" DHF front and 2.35" Forekaster rear.
    Obviously your BB height will be dependent upon your fork length and tyre height.

mtbr member
    Yeah but it made for 160 fork w/140 scary steep angles.
    Nice looking rig though...

mtbr member
    Ok so not a 29'r but I got 4 Maxxis 2.6s + pair RF Affect 30id wheels in garage and could pirate fork and the rest off my Scout, frame is innocently priced too!
    Am I too old to ride a hardtail?-chromag-wideangle-frame-black-l.jpg

Then again.........

Am I too old to ride a hardtail?-chromag-surface-ti-complete-profile-l.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Is this going to be a big waste of time/energy like your nsmb threads?

FYI that Surface Ti is Ti for Taiwanese built.

TR
    Angry bunny
    Yeah but it made for 160 fork w/140 scary steep angles.
    Nice looking rig though...
    Not sure what you are trying to say "w/140 scary steep angles". My pic is with a 140mm fork.
    How are those angles "scary steep"?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FJSnoozer View Post
    Bikes to look at and ride:

Trek Stache 9.8

Salsa woodsmoke

Giant XTC advanced

Cannondale FSI
    Does anyone race the stache 9.8? Say, xc, marathon or endurance races?

mtbr member
    FYI that Surface Ti is Ti for Taiwanese built.
    Tai ti? That's ok they can miter/weld as good as boutique brands with proper oversight/$.

Not sure what you are trying to say "w/140 scary steep angles". My pic is with a 140mm fork.
    How are those angles "scary steep"?
    So, I did look at the Nordest site and at the time of my post was under the impression that the Bardino was built for and those #'s on the site reflective of being built up with a 160 fork.
    Entirely possible I got it wrong in translation.
    Last edited by tungsten; 06-16-2018 at 01:34 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Tai ti? That's ok they can miter/weld as good as boutique brands with proper oversight/$.
    ^Truth.

I'm a huge Chromag fan but their Ti prices are silly.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    how old?

Just turned 51... never too old for anything unless you think you are!!

I just built up a NS Eccentric Cromo - frame is downright done right Tange Steel tubing, great welds and little touches, great but not over the top geo, in-expensive in the US. 140 front but rated 130-150 i believe. The bike is super quiet, comfy and flat out rips on moderate rocky DH in CO. I need to push into some rockier territory but what i've ridden thus far qualifies.

my first proper dirt ride and i came real close to numerous strava top times as my full susser! Has a really nice dropper port in the seat tube. Take a look at the NS Bikes site.

Am I too old to ride a hardtail?-img_6140.heic2.jpg

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    The main thing is get a bike your enjoy riding. I just switched to fs after decades of riding hardtails and the modern fs bikes are very good.

mtbr member
    I'm 60 next month and just got home from a ride on my Moxie that included the local DH race course. I had to stop at the bottom and laugh for a minute at the bottom because of the crazy fun. My buddy did it in his steel Honzo single-speed with a 160mm fork and 27.5 non plus wheels, and he is early 50's.
    Formerly Travis Bickle

Team Robot. "modulation is code for ďI suck at brake control.Ē Hereís a free tip: get better."

mtbr member
    L2 eh?

TR
    Angry bunny
    Weirdest thread ever.
    I am 50, I ride hardtails.
    The one above, and this one:

Am I too old to ride a hardtail?-20180523_150749.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kamper11 View Post
    how old?

Just turned 51... never too old for anything unless you think you are!!

I just built up a NS Eccentric Cromo - frame is downright done right Tange Steel tubing, great welds and little touches, great but not over the top geo, in-expensive in the US. 140 front but rated 130-150 i believe. The bike is super quiet, comfy and flat out rips on moderate rocky DH in CO. I need to push into some rockier territory but what i've ridden thus far qualifies.

my first proper dirt ride and i came real close to numerous strava top times as my full susser! Has a really nice dropper port in the seat tube. Take a look at the NS Bikes site.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6140.HEIC2.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	203.5 KB 
ID:	1203957
    looks nice! whats it weigh?

banned
    Nov 2017
    Ok so not a 29'r but I got 4 Maxxis 2.6s + pair RF Affect 30id wheels in garage and could pirate fork and the rest off my Scout, frame is innocently priced too!

Name:	chromag-wideangle-frame-black-l.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	27.6 KB 
ID:	1203913

Then again.........

Name:	chromag-surface-ti-complete-profile-l.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	1203918
    That ^^^^^^^ complete bike looks like a women's hybrid.

mtbr member
    Not as old as some others posting up above...but I'm 42 and I just got my first FS bike late last year and this week I stripped it down and used the parts to build a new hardtail. That makes 3 out of 3 bikes I own hardtails, 2 of the 3 being single speed and one full suspension frame/shock to hang on the wall.
    Kona Big Unit SS
    Kona Private Jake SSCX
    DiamondBack Release 3
    Norco Torrent HT 7.1

mtbr member
    45 here...

2017 Nukeproof Scout 290 ^^

Never too old to rip the trail a new one ;-)

'Born to ride!'
    "Mountain biking: the under-rated and drug-free antidepressant"

Co Springs
    56.5 years here, never owned a f/s.

Like the steel h/t on plus tires I got a year ago Very Much. Bike prior is 6061 al h/t and before that, a rigid 4130.
    The answer you are looking for is how you feel at the end of the day/s on the stuff you ride the most often and/or spirited. My neck and shoulders get a bit tight on some fast down hill washboard stuff but that may be my own doing, feeling a bit tense or cold in the mountain air, downhill speeds and nighttime ride temps.
    Not even sure a f/s would help either but I'm not unhappy.
    Simple bikes and set up, minimal quirks or adjustments and wrenching is really what I count on.
    None of this may be your hot buttons or goal though.

I don't feel especially fit or a strong climber... I love/need the uphill efficiency of a h/t.
    bachman must spread some Reputation around before giving it to himself again.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    I have had a lot of FS bikes and will probably have another one some day. Currently only riding hard tails and I turn 51 next month. My 29er with 120mm front fork and 2.6 tires seem to be more than enough but our trails in Michigan are pretty mellow. I too am always drawn to the simplicity of the hardtail.

Rocks belong
    Besides them outrageously fun... I really like how my slack, steel, 29er hardtail keeps my skills fresh. You really become a 'smooth' rider after riding chunk on a hardtail.
    I like 'em long, low, slack and playful

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by targnik View Post
    45 here...

2017 Nukeproof Scout 290 ^^

Never too old to rip the trail a new one ;-)

'Born to ride!'
    This.

The Scout is great. The 2018 version's rear end is less beefy so it should be more comfortable. I found that installing a great saddle and higher volume tires makes it so much more enjoyable to ride. On smooth, fast, and flowy trails, HTs are very rewarding to ride. The Scout can handle techy sections very well due to its very aggressive geometry. It's my training/beater/everyday bike. If I can do a section of trail fast and smooth on a HT, then on an FS, I should theoretically be faster. HTs improve skill.

But get the right kind of HT. If you're riding AM/Enduro/Trail, get a HT with more aggressive geo. If you're all about XC and lycra, get an XC-based HT. That way, you're riding the correct kind of bike for your chosen MTB discipline.
    I no longer like to party. But I like the idea of it.

Cycologist
    I'm 54. Rode my 26er steel hardtail ss today. Had a blast. Though I love my 29er fully, at no point today was I wishing I was on it instead.
    By continuing to browse my posts, you agree to send me cookies.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Stache 29+. Feels like it has some suspension.

No age is too old for a HT or rigid. Depends what you like. FS allows you to bash through a lot. So does a HT, but you better be on your game.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    No, you're not too old. I'm 56, have an Fs-i with over 3,000 miles on it, and rode it today 20 miles / 2600' gain. All while maintaining a very quick moving speed. I'm faster on my hardtail overall than my very fast FS bike. Age is a non-issue as far as I'm concerned unless your like 80 or have a really bad back. The HT is less comfortable, but you learn to adapt and use your body more.

There's plenty of really strong men and ladies in their 50's and 60's (I ride with a lot of them) who can hold their own again guys half their age or less, most of them on Hardtails. This is mostly buff trails, nothing super technical. We do a crap-ton of steep climbing here in So-Cal so a light stiff HT works well. YMMV

Am I too old to ride a hardtail?-img_2785.jpg
    Last edited by trmn8er; 06-17-2018 at 08:12 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2018
    I started riding a hard tail last year after turning 50. Was on a Trek Remedy 7 for a couple of years before that.

My primary ride is an Open One+. It's fast and light and I just love the way it climbs and handles. Don't think I'll ever go back to riding a FS at this point.

Am I too old to ride a hardtail?-img_5375-image.jpg

mtbr member
    I love my HT's but experience a sore back every time I ride one now (51+), and for the past several years, so I'm going to try a Stache and see how that does.
    Was able to squeeze a 2.4 on my 650b HT XC bike, and it helped, but looking for more cushin' for the pushin'.
    Niner Jet 9 RDO, Scalpel 29, XTC 650b, 04 Stumpjumper FSR Pro, Trek Rigid SS - No suspension, no gears....no problem

V-Shaped Rut
    I'm 43 with lots of sports mileage on me (martial arts, powerlifting, snowboarding and MTB) and I still love hardtails. My current ride is a Pivot Les 29er. I've ridden it geared but kinda like it better in SS form. Can't get one for $3k new but maybe used? I'll sell you mine for $3k used, but with the stock 27.5+ wheels/tires back on. I'm PacNW as well. Want that new Carbon Sync'r when diamondback gets it launched in the fall.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Am I too old to ride a hardtail?-les1.jpg  

Am I too old to ride a hardtail?-tokulview.jpg  

mtbr member
    Im 56 and still ride a hardtail probably 60% of the time.
    Yes, it beats me up a bit but I love the feel of a really nice hardtail.

mtbr member
    Are you too old for a hardtail? If you have to ask, no. If you already know, yes.
    Do the math.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Just busting your chops man.

I'm sure there are older model Surface/Rootdown or Honzos out there people are selling.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Never weighed it - i suspect its right around 30 when lifting compared to my full sus which is about 28.5 - 29 as a fairly burly build. Ill try to get it on a scale

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    As already mentioned the Nukeproof Scout, and the Vitus Sentier, are both good hard tails at good prices. Good luck actually getting either one though, as they are constantly out of stock.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    50 here and Iíve ridden HT for years. Had a voodoo canzo full suspension 29er back in the day and didnít like it. I donít see the need for rear suspension for what I like to do, which is climbing and single track mostly. With the climbing comes some descending but I donít bomb it like guys on DH bikes. Current bike is a Niner Air 9 RDO pre-boost with a SID World Cup up front (100 mm travel). I run Nox Farlow rims on 2.4 tires and thatís plenty of cushion. And donít forget the dropper post. That allows me to confidently handle way more downhill stuff than than I was ever able to do on my last HT with its solid sestpost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    I just turned 40 and only ride full suspension. I made the switch when I started riding again after back surgery several years ago. Not really age related, just listen to your body.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    42 here and I'm on a 180mm front travel Chromag Stylus destroyer. The stylus is a beast. It weighs almost 34 pounds with a Z1 and 2.6 Magic Marys, arc 35s. BUrly build but so solid and fun.

Having a nice day!
    Almost 56 and ride my Pivot Les probably 60-70% of the time. The local trails are just so much fun on a hardtail and the full suspension just doesn't feel as snappy. Knock on wood, no detrimental issues yet

cmg
    passed out in your garden
    48 here, this bike (Commencal Meta HT AM) is so much better than me, but lm itch'n for a steel frame, and those Nordest Bardinos make my pants go tight .......

always mad and usually drunk......

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    If you have to ask, then yes.

For me the trails dictate my choices, my trails are rough, so I only ride an FS bike.

54yo this year.
    For Sale: XMed GG Smash Frameset +
    Lrg GG Shred Dogg
    Lrg Fezzari Signal Peak
    Lrg Pivot Shuttle (wife's)

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Never to old to ride a hardtail. I'm 52 and you couldn't give me any fully over my Stache 7.

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    56 and ride a Canfield EPO. Love it on wooded trails. Nice to have a 26lb bike. The Nordest Bardino looks just about right but will see what the Bros have in steel or buy used N9 for backup.

Wouldn't mind staying with 142mm rear, feet don't hit the stays like on boost.

There are a few rough trails I ride. Millions of fist sized rocks a FS would smooth out. But the HT does OK there too.

mtbr member
    48 years old. I have owned three HT's since switching from a fully about 10 years ago (one was stolen, otherwise it would only be two). For where and how I ride, I actually prefer HT's. It's a more active riding style on a HT; gotta "dance" a little more with the bike, but I like it. Been on 29", 29+, and now 27.5+. I don't feel beat up after a ride. Simple is good!
    "Caught my first tube this morning....sir!"

mtbr member
    I'm almost 53yo and, unless I'm doing an endurance event of 5 or 6 hours, I'm on my Stache...What a great platform.
    29+ HT is the cat's meow IMHO.
    Niner Jet 9 RDO, Scalpel 29, XTC 650b, 04 Stumpjumper FSR Pro, Trek Rigid SS - No suspension, no gears....no problem

The perfessor
    - at 56, I ride a rigid SS Ti 29er..........no, riding a hardtail is not an issue at your age......btw, there's an old guy who rides the local trails who is almost 70 and he rides a rigid SS CF 29er...........
    Rigid 29er Ti SS
    KHS Solo One SE 29er
    29er SC Tallboy AL
    Paketa Magnesium Road Bike

mtbr member
    Hardtail with a good adjustable fork can do just about any duty except for the worst a trail can deliver. Especially true if you have a second wheel set to change rubber for conditions. While there is no substitute for a great road machine, HTís can do a lot to permit paved conditions for longer distances. In addition, properly geared, they will get you up the toughest grades.

slow
    At 53, I prefer hardtails over FS for my trails and my type of riding, but I only ride in Colorado, Wyoming, and Utah and not somewhere with tons of roots or New England rocks. I currently have one hardtail each in steel, carbon, and aluminum and am not particularly partial to any of them. For long endurance races in which I need a bit of forgiveness or for extra rough stuff, I have a ti soft tail with 1" of pivotless travel at the rear wheel that rides like a + hardtail.

mtbr member
    51 here and just sold my full suspension and bought a Trek 9.7 Stache and couldn't be more happy. For the type of riding i do in Ohio and WV i don't need a FS for single track.

> 55
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by TR View Post
    Nordest Bardino.
    Steel, 140mm minimum travel.
    Hands down best bike I have owned (and I have owned plenty made from every material).

Name:	20180605_082903.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	252.8 KB 
ID:	1203788
    On your nordest bardino, is it burly / bombproof? Would you buy another one? Any issues with the frame? I am in the states and trying to figure out customs.

As a 215 lb. 57 y.o. this chromoly frame is on my list. But probably will not have a chance to ride one. Like the geo and the shorter chainstays over the pole taival.

Gerry.

mtbr member
    Stache may be the very best all rounder you can have. And they are a ton of fun to ride. I do not own one but I will.

mtbr member
    May 2017
    I was hoping for some other medicare/SS dude to pipe in how you are never to old for a hardtail. 67 and I am anxiously awaiting my Ibis DV9 to ship. Could be another month. Popular bike....Currently ride a Advocate Hayduke and it is so much fun I sold my Scott Spark 920 because it wasn't getting used. New geo has changed riding. Especially on a hardtail.

Occasionally engagedÖ
    Quote Originally Posted by sgltrak View Post
    For long endurance races in which I need a bit of forgiveness or for extra rough stuff, I have a ti soft tail with 1" of pivotless travel at the rear wheel that rides like a + hardtail.
    While I'm a fan of soft tails, I want to forward the opinion that endurance races are often the best place for a hardtail or rigid bike and full suspension is where it's at for XC races in the 90 minute variety. When I'm racing XC races I'm going all out and hitting every corner and rock garden as fast as I'd ever want to take it and a full suspension just deals with that better than hard tails or rigid bikes. And that's more important in an all out effort over a relatively short race than pure pedaling efficiency. But for endurance races, things that take 4 or more hours, you just can't blast every corner and rock garden at top speed -- it's more of an 75 to 90% type of speed/effort throughout. From my experience over that time frame, pedaling efficiency equals greatest comfort. I got a full suspension to race the shorter, faster, higher continual effort XC races. At 59, I still think my best endurance race times would come on a hardtail or rigid bike, but I'm glad to have the full suspension to go fast for shorter races and in case I'm wrong about what's best (for me) at longer distances.
    "The plural of anecdote is not data." -- Attributed to various people in a variety of forms, but always worth remembering...

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    63 here and went to a new HT a few weeks back

29Ē, Specialized Chisel Comp, 1X, tubeless tires....... all out on a completely new experience from my Stumpjumper FSR of 2004.

I wanted HT as Iím no longer riding rock gardens and long DHís. I wanted a fast and light bike I could throw around on tight and twisty single track, handle roots and log rollovers and this bike does all that better than anything Iíve yet ridden and itís my 6th mt. bike in 30 years. Love the ride. Spent 1-1/2 on it last Friday and 10 total in the past month and realized I was completely comfortable on it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Am I too old to ride a hardtail?-89d30f2e-21b1-453b-abeb-7e46d7233687.jpg  

mtbr member
    I became an avid rider at 50 on a Zaskar 9r. Before long I encountered lower back soreness and pinched nerves. Fixed the issue with a Thudbuster LT suspension seat post. I went FS once the Zaskar died but just rebuilt a Ď14 Stache with a plush Minute Pro fork and the Thudbuster to get my wife back on the (flat) trail for the first time in 25 yrs and she Loves It!
    2018 YT Jeffsy 29 AL
    2014 Trek Stache 6
    1992 Trek Antelope 830
    (Deceased) 2015 GT Zaskar 29 Sport

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by wallydog View Post
    I was hoping for some other medicare/SS dude to pipe in how you are never to old for a hardtail. 67 and I am anxiously awaiting my Ibis DV9 to ship. Could be another month. Popular bike....Currently ride a Advocate Hayduke and it is so much fun I sold my Scott Spark 920 because it wasn't getting used. New geo has changed riding. Especially on a hardtail.

66 here and still loving my HT's. I've got a CF 29+ set up for XC and an NS CrMo AM/trail bike that I have been going back and forth between 27+ & 29x2.5. Right now it is set up 29 front/27.5+ rear trying to get the best of both.

I also have 2 FS bikes, XC and AM but unless I'm racing or hitting some big lines I usually ride the HT's.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Heist30 View Post
    I became an avid rider at 50 on a Zaskar 9r. Before long I encountered lower back soreness and pinched nerves. Fixed the issue with a Thudbuster LT suspension seat post. I went FS once the Zaskar died but just rebuilt a Ď14 Stache with a plush Minute Pro fork and the Thudbuster to get my wife back on the (flat) trail for the first time in 25 yrs and she Loves It!
    I don't ride a Thudbuster anymore (27.5x3.0 offers a fairly cushy ride), but I rode the LT version on a HT for years, and I concur that they work wonders in terms of providing comfort. They're durable, too.
    "Caught my first tube this morning....sir!"

mtbr member
    Apr 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by wallydog View Post
    Well, I am 72 (old enough for you) and have been riding road bikes most of my life, and a Cannondale Urban bike since my 50ís. Now I am living in a rural northern CA area, more biking adventures available here off road, so got my first suspension HT 29er.
    So far just a few test rides, but love the quick response and ride the HT offers.
    I got a mid range, Specialized RH Expert from my LBS. Looking forward to getting out on some of the logging roads and trails around where I live.
    Cheers