Airborne Seeker 29 & Guardian 29, any thoughts?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2012

Airborne Seeker 29 & Guardian 29, any thoughts?

Finally time to retire my 1998 Specialized S-works M2. Definitely going with a 29er, considering Airborne. Either the Guardian or the Seeker. The components of both outshine anything else in the under $1000 range but I'm just not sure of the brand. I've read some reviews and know the pros and cons or at least think I do. Just curious what are some of the thoughts concerning Airborne.

Just recently started riding trails and XC, 4 to 5 times a week. I'm 49, 5'-4" and ride somewhat conservatively on the trails. I'm riding the Iceman this November and decided now is the time to upgrade from the 20+ year old 26" to a 29er. (The old specialized will get a set of road friendly tires for urban slow rolls etc) The Airbornes seem like the best deal for the money but often what seems like a good deal isn't in the long end. Just looking for some thoughts and opinions from those of you with more experience and knowledge.

WillWorkForTrail
    I'm not even sure you're right about the parts spec at the price point being better than other stuff out there. I mean, both bikes are 2x10 to start with. I honestly didn't look that hard because I've seen Airborne pretty much fail at customer service. I won't relate the whole horror story, but the bottom line is a local bike shop would have saved a lot of time and trouble. It would also have made buying a bike from the LBS in the first place a much better deal. I'd recommend you look at local bike shops.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I've had a Goblin since 2013. The bike has been flawless. I can't really speak to Airborne's current customer service, but if you don't have many options locally, Airborne might be worth a shot.

That being said, if you have local LBS options, there may be some past year models in stock that would be a great deal as well. My guess is bike prices are on the way up since most of them will be affected by the current trade issues with China.