Actual Rhyno Lite rim weight?- Mtbr.com
    change is good
    Sep 2004

Actual Rhyno Lite rim weight?

I give up. I can't find it. Does anyone know the answer or can point me to a link? Speedgoat has them listed at 635g. I was going to build up a wheelset with the new Delgados but Padre and Mikesee scared me. I'm a Clyde on FS.

Recovering couch patato
    If you're a Clyde, why care? More of these fit in your body weight than Stan's Olympics in a racer type's. It's not heavy for you, but it's strong enough.
    I seem to remember mine was 610g, bought years ago. 635g from Speedgoat seems like something they actually weighed for a specimen. My 36h feels nice and solid as a rear wheel in my just-as-solid Surly KM.
    Stan has 32h FR rims which seem nice enough. Same weight, but disc-specific thus expected to be thougher. Smart design. Upcharge over Delgado's obviously. Not sure when WTB"'s wider rim will hit the market.

change is good
    Sep 2004

I know, I know

Quote Originally Posted by Cloxxki
    If you're a Clyde, why care? More of these fit in your body weight than Stan's Olympics in a racer type's. It's not heavy for you, but it's strong enough.
    I seem to remember mine was 610g, bought years ago. 635g from Speedgoat seems like something they actually weighed for a specimen. My 36h feels nice and solid as a rear wheel in my just-as-solid Surly KM.
    Stan has 32h FR rims which seem nice enough. Same weight, but disc-specific thus expected to be thougher. Smart design. Upcharge over Delgado's obviously. Not sure when WTB"'s wider rim will hit the market.
    You're right. I was also checking out the free ride rims from Stans. I have TK 7.1s but would like a wider width without the weight, but not lose strength. Unrealistic expectation for the most part, but I am still curious as to how much weight I would gain. I have a Rhyno Lite on my old hardtail and man it is tough. There's something to be said about not worrying if your wheel will fail.

Compulsive Bike Builder

Just weighed one

Quote Originally Posted by abscar
    I give up. I can't find it. Does anyone know the answer or can point me to a link? Speedgoat has them listed at 635g. I was going to build up a wheelset with the new Delgados but Padre and Mikesee scared me. I'm a Clyde on FS.
    Pulled one out randomly, weighed 625g. We also have Sun 0 XTCs in 700c. The are an XC rim, of course, one of those weighed 555g if you want a lighter rims but like the Sun brand.
    Disclaimer: ComCycle USA

Members who have read this thread: 0