About to pull the trigger on a EMD, size help please- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2008

About to pull the trigger on a EMD, size help please

OK, so I'm about to pull the trigger on a Niner EMD, I fancy rigid with the carbon fork.

I'm 6'4" and suspect that I'll need the XL but somewhere in the back of my mind I'm wondering if I should try and squeeze onto a Large.

Any big EMD riders offer advice?

get down!
    XL for sure, I'm 6'2" and I'd ride ride an XL
    Rudy Projects look ridiculous

visit my blog, BEATS, BIKES & LIFE

Short-Change-Hero
    According to their chart you should fit on the XL but may be able to get away with the Large with a longer stem. Have you had a chance to ride either?

I am 6' with a 31" inseam so technically my situation is similar to yours. I can fit on most 18" or 19" frames. However, I have tried both out and the 19.5" (ETT of 24.6) feels perfect to me. The cockpit feel is going to be the biggest thing for you as that is going to determine your comfort level. I have been riding an 18" FS for the last 5 months (borrowed from my bro) and while it fits, the cockpit feels very compressed to me. While I have not previously ridden the On-One Inbred 29er 19.5" frame before I have ridden another bike with similar geometry, Felt Nine Trail. I loved the feel of the bike, cockpit felt stretched out but not to the point where I would be uncomfortable. Other things that can play into the cockpit feel is the sweep on your bars, degree angle on the stem, etc.

So like I said, I would give both a try and make the decision from there. There should not be a price difference between the two.

mtbr member
    XL, no question. I'm 6'3" and quite comfortable on their XL frames, the large would be noticeably too small.
    http://www.bikingtoplay.blogspot.com/
    RIGID, not "ridged" or "ridgid"
    PEDAL, not "peddle." Unless you're selling stuff

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    XL. With a large you'll be running a monster stem unless you have really short arms and/or torso. I'm 6'5" and have been riding an XL MCR (w/100mm stem) for a couple years. Fits great, a large would be too small.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    6'3" and I'm riding an XL......

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    doesn't your bike shop fit you up and offer to swap the frame out if it is the wrong size once buit?

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Cheers guys,
    Seems like it's an XL as I've got long arms and prefer a longer cockpit. I won't get a chance to ride one before I buy.
    Anyone got any pics of those XL frames?

Members who have read this thread: 0