50/50 drifting away?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

50/50 drifting away?

Dammit! I think I am spending much more time here in the 29" board. But I still check out the SS board like a crack addict.

29" has been a new and improved riding experience for me...and the concensus has been that a lot of you cholos ride KMs. Why? Price and versatility.

I wanted to get a KM for the longest time (since 2002) and didn't want to go at it cold turkey. I thought long and hard, then a few months ago I asked Todd from Cyclesmith to order me one...GA! It's been bliss. Not only his awesome service, but the bike alone...I love it...I like to spank it!

Recovering couch patato
    Feb 2003, I built up the KM the day it came in with the mail. Some bartard in the US had managed to finish his before I did, damn shipping week...
    After I had set the seat height, I took the bike out, swung a leg over it, I first got the super-responsive, bombproof feeling which has never lost it's shine in almost 2 years.
    How does a relatively heavy (the 11kg was only topped by my downgraded FS, I'm a weightweenie) rigid singlespeed bike become a main ride? There's some weird bike karma stuck between those 2 triangles...
    Klok - XC - Skate - Ski

Recovering Weight Weenie
    Quote Originally Posted by ernesto_from_Wisconsin
    Dammit! I think I am spending much more time here in the 29" board. But I still check out the SS board like a crack addict.

29" has been a new and improved riding experience for me...and the concensus has been that a lot of you cholos ride KMs. Why? Price and versatility.

I wanted to get a KM for the longest time (since 2002) and didn't want to go at it cold turkey. I thought long and hard, then a few months ago I asked Todd from Cyclesmith to order me one...GA! It's been bliss. Not only his awesome service, but the bike alone...I love it...I like to spank it!
    I know what you mean....but then...you get that custom feeling..I've been dreaming about a ti-SS-9er. I mean come on...what if I could ride a frame that only weighed 7 or 8 lbs!!!!