29er Fork Converstions- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2005

29er Fork Converstions

So, if you can convert a Maverick fork into a 29er fork, what is stopping someone from converting a Manitou Dorado or a Marzocchi Shiver DC or SC into a 29er fork. Imagine a Lenz Sport Bohemoth with a converted Dorado of Shiver DC. Yes, I know first you have to get your hands on a discontinued fork. Just a Thought

(was) Big in Japan
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliver
    So, if you can convert a Maverick fork into a 29er fork, what is stopping someone from converting a Manitou Dorado or a Marzocchi Shiver DC or SC into a 29er fork. Imagine a Lenz Sport Bohemoth with a converted Dorado of Shiver DC. Yes, I know first you have to get your hands on a discontinued fork. Just a Thought
    Nothing at all! Walt was talking about doing this if he could find a suitable fork cheap enough. Sounds good to me.

I have an older Kowa DH fork (very similar to the THE forks for the DHers here) which is not inverted, but has a bolt on brake arch. It is a very simple piece, and I bet I could get someone to machine me one 30mm taller. I could just add a bit of oil to limit the travel 20mm and still have a 160mm DH fork with amazing damping and stiffness that has to be experienced to be believed. Plus it is a blingy gold ano job!

I even have a wheel waiting for this project....it'd be like BigWheel's Super 8, but about 20 pounds lighter!
    Ride.

Harmonius Wrench

The Shiver has been done before

Chris at Speedgoat had a Shiver modified to accept a 29" wheel and had it mounted to an early Asylum. According to the website, the conversion was time consuming and costly. They said, "Don't even ask about it"!

Perhaps a search on these boards would pull that up for you.
    Riden' an Smilin'
    Guitar Ted

Blog
    RidingGravel.com

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitar Ted
    Chris at Speedgoat had a Shiver modified to accept a 29" wheel and had it mounted to an early Asylum. According to the website, the conversion was time consuming and costly. They said, "Don't even ask about it"!

Perhaps a search on these boards would pull that up for you.

The Shiver was that costly huh? I wonder if the Dorado would be any easier to convert.

Members who have read this thread: 0