203 bracket question- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2009

203 bracket question

currently running avid bb7 160s f/r on my ferrous. won the bid on the second wheelset and am needing rotors.. they are centerlock but i won another auction on some dt centerlock adapters. figured at least this way i can mix and match rotors between wheels instead of being stuck with one set of centerlocks and one set IS even if it costs more in the beginning....

after reading alot of the reviews and some more internet babble and asking questions here i decided against spending to much more on my bb7s and jsut mothballing them. figure in a couple months ill buy the hayes stroker ace with the v8 rotors for f/r. ...over kill yes... but thats my middle name.

anyways. for now i want to buy rotors for the new wheelset and was thinking of v8s so that way ill already have my extra set for the other wheelset. and just run them on both front wheels and use my avid 160s on both rear wheels. until i order my hydros.

the question is since the stroker aces hydros dont come with caliper adapters and i have to buy them anyways will they work on my avid front for now or will i have to buy an avid 203 adapter for now and then hayes when iget the new brake set? dont know if the caliper adaptors are interchangeable between companies so figured id ask here
    '08 ferrous 29er, '09 reba race, poploc adjust, thud buster, ism adamo peak( this thing rocks), odi ruffians.

mtbr member
    Hayes and Avid adapters have generally good interchangeability. Be careful about 20mm TA adapters and 20mm IS adapters though...totally different.
    Professional Amateur

Members who have read this thread: 0