2019 Cannondale Trail 7 29ner stock used for only 550.00 USD?- Mtbr.com
    Aftermath
    Sep 2019

2019 Cannondale Trail 7 29ner stock used for only 550.00 USD?

2019 Cannondale Trail 7 29ner looks like Im good condition for 550.00 is it worth it? I can walk in REI for get it for 575.00 USD walk out with it for 625.00 USD with tax.

Bikesexual
    Assuming is brand new and it's the right size, it's an "ok" deal.

The higher the Trail number the lower the components are for Cannondale.

If you are starting out, and riding very green trails it should get you going.

My first real bike was a Trail 3, with an XC30 fork which was way better than the cheap XCT but still very entry level.

Anything better in your local used market?.
    Surly Krampus
    All City MMD
    Kona Unit

banned
    Oct 2019
    Go for new its small price difference and if for nothing else then for eventual warranty claims.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I just bought this bike for my dad who's gotten into mtb. It's more than enough for him and much better than the craigslist rig he's riding on now. I really wish it would come with a tapered headtube and thru-axle so that I can give him my old parts, but frustratingly enough it looks like you have to willing to shell around $1.5K for a hardtail with that basic (IMO) configuration.

banned
    Oct 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by matadorCE View Post
    I just bought this bike for my dad who's gotten into mtb. It's more than enough for him and much better than the craigslist rig he's riding on now. I really wish it would come with a tapered headtube and thru-axle so that I can give him my old parts, but frustratingly enough it looks like you have to willing to shell around $1.5K for a hardtail with that basic (IMO) configuration.
    Well, you do not have to if you avoid Cannondale (known for asking a lot of money for features coming a lot cheaper from many other brands).
    I owned two Cannondales before, so Im kinda familiar...
    Although great riding frames I must confess.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Tristan Wolf View Post
    Well, you do not have to if you avoid Cannondale (known for asking a lot of money for features coming a lot cheaper from many other brands).
    I owned two Cannondales before, so Im kinda familiar...
    Although great riding frames I must confess.

I looked at other brands (Orbea, Giant, etc) even from online vendors like Chain Reactions and found similar spec on hardtail 29ers less than $700 give or take. Maybe one or two had a tapered headtube but still with quick release hubs. It's like these bikes are saddled with obsolete configuration right out of the box.

banned
    Oct 2019
    I looked at other brands (Orbea, Giant, etc) even from online vendors like Chain Reactions and found similar spec on hardtail 29ers less than $700 give or take. Maybe one or two had a tapered headtube but still with quick release hubs. It's like these bikes are saddled with obsolete configuration right out of the box.
    Canyon and Radon are pretty hight tech, yet not expensive (German direct sale brands)

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Tristan Wolf View Post
    Canyon and Radon are pretty hight tech, yet not expensive (German direct sale brands)

The cheapest Canyon mtb on their site is $1,600 and Radon is not sold in the US. While the Canyon is a screaming deal, it's still 2x what I (and probably a lot of beginners) are looking to spend. I still think you should have to spend four figures for a bike to get something that's not immediately obsolete or outdated.

banned
    Oct 2019
    I still think you should have to spend four figures for a bike to get something that's not immediately obsolete or outdated.
    Once Iwe made that mistake - hat to run used fox factory fork cause I could not have find a new non-taper (and wanted that fox buttery feel), and I spent two months looking both online and in LBSs a nice pair of QR wheels. Now Im on taper boost PF92 frame so I hope Im good for next 3-4 years.

banned
    Oct 2019
    The cheapest Canyon mtb on their site is $1,600 and Radon is not sold in the US. While the Canyon is a screaming deal
    Sorry, I was not aware. I live in Austria (neighbor of Germany) and we have both Radons, and 1000$ taper Canyons.