2013 Specialized Camber expert carbon EVO- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

2013 Specialized Camber expert carbon EVO

Very excited about this new Ride! My first 29er . Picked it up at a LBS for a huge discount . Added a command post and going to order Azonic flats .

Coming from a Giant trance 3 26" this is a game changer . I was gonna hold out until I demoed a few 650b s but at the price I got for this Ride it was a no brainer, besides I am not to sure of the 27.5 bikes . 26 to 29 is a big difference but going from a 26 to a 27.5 I don't think I would notice that much of a difference .

Going to my local riding haunt this Monday . It will be a huge confidence factor knowing I can go all day now without being physically drained when riding my all mountain Giant Trance 26er.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Dude, post some pics! What did you pay for it? And how did you decide on the camber over other fs 29ers?

mtbr member
    Msrp- $5500
    Discount-$3200
    Command post -$150

I purchased at a LBS action Wheels here in South Jersey , I have a Specialized dealer , Trek dealer and a cannondale dealer with in 20 minutes of where I live. I wanted to purchase a Bike from one of these local dealers . I wanted a great bike at an exceptional value . I don't think I would have bought this at MSRP since my budget was $3K .

I was told that Specialized has a bunch of this model left overs . My LBS has 2 of them and I bought one. They set me up tubeless for free and gave me a discount on the Command dropper post .

I think buying a bike from your LBS is the best way especially since they give me free tune ups eventhough I can do most bike repairs myself , I will take advantage of it .

mtbr member
    Here are some pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013 Specialized Camber expert carbon EVO-image.jpg  

2013 Specialized Camber expert carbon EVO-image.jpg  

Crash Dummy In Training
    Congrats Sweet deal !
    ​​
    2015 Flyxii / ENVE /Chris King Carbon 29'er H.T.
    SRAM XX1
    2012 Stump Jumper Comp 29'er H.T. SRAM XX1
    1997 Rock Hopper / Rock Shox Recon Silver / 1 x 10 SRAM X9 XO Mix XT V Brake system

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    For people who can't find this deal,
    The 14 has new slacker ht angle with slightly longer chain stays and the Pike fork in 120mm.
    .<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ozgr0f8vs4I?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

mtbr member
    Yes , the pike fork is a nice improvement , pretty sure the 2014 also has a 1x11 ! 2013 has 120mm SID

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Got the same bike for a killer deal as well. 2900 with tax and out the door. Best bike I've owned yet. You'll love it!!

mtbr member
    Wow ! You even got a better deal . Great Job ! Taking mine out today on my local trails . I just ordered the command post seat collar , it has an integrated car stay . Looks better than a wire tie to fasten it to the post . Also getting the specialized flats pedals in Red !

29ers Forever
    That is a great deal.
    The Camber is a good longer travel full suspension XC bike.
    Enjoy it.
    Dropping into a trail

2019 Rocky Mountain Instinct A50 BC
    2019 Salsa Timberjack SLX
    2014 Trek Crossrip Elite

mtbr member
    Thanks !

I just weighed my New Ride and it topped out at 26.2 with the command post . Man what a difference from my 32.5 lb Giant trance 26er

mtbr member
    Now I rented a Scott spark 940 , I was disappointed . This Camber is unbelievable ! I don't think I will ride my 26er anymore .

After learning how to ride this bike and learning about inputs and what it can so , how hard is it to jump back to a 26er for a day! I don't think I wanna even try .

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jnicosia View Post
    Here are some pics
    Nice! Sweet ride and great deal, congrats!
    Last edited by Max24; 03-02-2015 at 09:14 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Very excited about this new Ride! My first 29er . Picked it up at a LBS for a huge discount . Added a command post and going to order Azonic flats .

Coming from a Giant trance 3 26" this is a game changer . I was gonna hold out until I demoed a few 650b s but at the price I got for this Ride it was a no brainer, besides I am not to sure of the 27.5 bikes . 26 to 29 is a big difference but going from a 26 to a 27.5 I don't think I would notice that much of a difference .

Going to my local riding haunt this Monday . It will be a huge confidence factor knowing I can go all day now without being physically drained when riding my all mountain Giant Trance 26er.
    I'm planning to buy the same bike but they only have it in large, I just confirmed with them. This is really a good deal. Is this the medium size?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jmseva View Post
    I'm planning to buy the same bike but they only have it in large, I just confirmed with them. This is really a good deal. Is this the medium size?

Yes, I purchased the Medium. How tall are you . Large might not be that bad if you swap out the Bar/Stem . I was in between a LG and M . I went with the Medium.

What Bike shop has the LG ? My specialized dealer still has the LG left and do get alot of inquiry's about it. Still sitting there as of today as I went by to get my Roval Carbon front wheel trued in since I tweaked it the other day.
    2014 YETI SB95C , KS LEV seat post,Nextie Carbon Wheelset/Hope Hubs/27lbs
    Framed Alaskan Carbon X1 /26lbs/Nextie Hoops.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Yes, I purchased the Medium. How tall are you . Large might not be that bad if you swap out the Bar/Stem . I was in between a LG and M . I went with the Medium.

What Bike shop has the LG ? My specialized dealer still has the LG left and do get alot of inquiry's about it. Still sitting there as of today as I went by to get my Roval Carbon front wheel trued in since I tweaked it the other day.
    I'm 5'8", 155 lbs, 30" inseam. I saw it from actionwheels.com, I believe that's where you got it from.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jmseva View Post
    I'm 5'8", 155 lbs, 30" inseam. I saw it from actionwheels.com, I believe that's where you got it from.
    mostlikley you would need a Medium.

demo a LG or have your LBS size you
    2014 YETI SB95C , KS LEV seat post,Nextie Carbon Wheelset/Hope Hubs/27lbs
    Framed Alaskan Carbon X1 /26lbs/Nextie Hoops.