2013 Niner Jet 9 RDO dream build 22lb 1 oz.- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 30 of 30
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    14

    2013 Niner Jet 9 RDO dream build 22lb 1 oz.

    I picked up my new bike on Saturday, only rode it one time but it turned out great. Following is my build. 2013 Niner Jet 9 RDO, Full XTR group, ENVE carbon rims laced to DT swiss hubs, Fox CTD Fit Kashima 15 C taper, panaracer 29 x 2.25 driver pro. Weighs 22lb 1 oz with no pedals. Can't wait to race it. Have to figure out pics posting.
    Last edited by ironman2012; 11-06-2012 at 07:43 AM. Reason: XTR build not XT

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: weeksy950's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    376
    Jeez that's about $6000 for us to build that in the UK lol

    How much ?

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: manpurse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    515
    Nice build, what size frame?

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: eurospek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,474
    Quote Originally Posted by weeksy950 View Post
    Jeez that's about $6000 for us to build that in the UK lol

    How much ?
    Well according to Ninerbikes.com custom builder, it's MSRP: $7296 for a similar build using Reynolds carbon wheels.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kragu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,675
    Pics or it didn't happen.
    Not sayin' it didn't. Just sayin'...pics, dude.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by scvkurt03 View Post
    Pics or it didn't happen.
    Not sayin' it didn't. Just sayin'...pics, dude.
    This. DELIVER OUR BIKE PORN.

  7. #7
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,198
    Banging side of computer, pics aren't working.

  8. #8
    ride more
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,626
    Pics...Pics....Pics...

  9. #9
    bt
    bt is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,433
    any truth to the rumor jet9 rdo is very flexy?

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    601
    Quote Originally Posted by bt View Post
    any truth to the rumor jet9 rdo is very flexy?
    dont know who started that rumor but it was probably due to wheel choice. i test rode one at a demo and it was super stiff feeling. stiffer than my phisher anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by meltingfeather View Post
    If I told you I saw a unicorn ****ing a leprechaun trail side, you'd probably be suspicious. :D

  11. #11
    Your Best Friend
    Reputation: Silentfoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,165
    Pics!!! The spank bank is running low on imagery.
    I'm a mountain bike guide in southwest Utah

  12. #12
    Carbon & Ti rule
    Reputation: muzzanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,410
    Quote Originally Posted by bt View Post
    any truth to the rumor jet9 rdo is very flexy?
    I don't know were you got that from they are very stiff, Much more so than my Tallboy was.
    I have a 6 Berth & 2 Berth Motorhomes that I rent out . They are based in Tauranga, New Zealand

  13. #13
    Moderator Moderator
    Reputation: 2melow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,793
    Quote Originally Posted by ironman2012 View Post
    I picked up my new bike on Saturday, only rode it one time but it turned out great. Following is my build. 2013 Niner Jet 9 RDO, Full XTR group, ENVE carbon rims laced to DT swiss hubs, Fox CTD Fit Kashima 15 C taper, panaracer 29 x 2.25 driver pro. Weighs 22lb 1 oz with no pedals. Can't wait to race it. Have to figure out pics posting.
    Ironman2012,

    Assuming this is the same bike Dave emailed to our rep Tom, who then sent it to us this morning. We've been drooling over the bike internally today. Congrats, top shelf level build for sure. Have fun, it's a super fast bike - especially at that weight!

    Brett
    Niner Bikes
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013 Niner Jet 9 RDO dream build 22lb 1 oz.-picture-110.jpg  

    Front Range Forum Moderator

  14. #14
    Carbon & Ti rule
    Reputation: muzzanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,410
    Quote Originally Posted by 2melow View Post
    Ironman2012,

    Assuming this is the same bike Dave emailed to our rep Tom, who then sent it to us this morning. We've been drooling over the bike internally today. Congrats, top shelf level build for sure. Have fun, it's a super fast bike - especially at that weight!

    Brett
    Niner Bikes
    Can I cry because I don't have mine.
    I have a 6 Berth & 2 Berth Motorhomes that I rent out . They are based in Tauranga, New Zealand

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kragu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,675
    I don't like it. Saddle's too shiny.

    /envy

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    14

    That's my bike!!!!!!

    Thank You Brett from Niner bikes for posting pics of my bike. This was my first non-Trek bike purchase in 20 years and decided on the RDO instead of a Trek Superfly 100 Pro. Lewis at Shirk's Bike Shop in East Earl, PA spec'd and built this bike and I couldn't be more satisfied with his hard work. I will be sporting a Shirk's kit at M.A.S.S. races but would love to wear a Niner Kit at National races to show off my new ride. What do you think Brett?

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    14
    The saddle is not too comfy, just light. 160 grams to be exact. Probably going to add about 40 grams for a happier backside. I am kicking around a couple of saddles such as WTB Devo and Specialized Phenom. Something I can sit on for possible 12 hour solo. Maybe something a little less shiny too scvkurt03.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    642
    Sweet build! Is that a 120mm Talas fork at that weight? What size frame?

    -Shane

  19. #19
    Carbon & Ti rule
    Reputation: muzzanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,410
    Green with Enve
    I have a 6 Berth & 2 Berth Motorhomes that I rent out . They are based in Tauranga, New Zealand

  20. #20
    Daniel the Dog
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,760
    Got to count pedals

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    14
    Frame size is a Large, With my XTR pedals it weighs 22lb 11 oz. still really light. Green was really hard to find, but Tom from Niner found one and came through to make this happen. Thanks Tom.

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    17
    Ironman2012,

    Could we get a part by part list of the build? Bike looks amazing! More photo's please.

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    14

    Niner Jet 9 Spec.

    The bike is amazing!!!! Fastest Mt. bike I have ever rode. 2013 Size large, XTR, ENVE carbon rims with DT swiss 180/240 hubs, RXL bars, Thomson Masterpeiece post. Fox CTD fork. The guys at Niner were amazed by the weight of this build. I am not sure how to post pics, so the guys at Niner posted the pic. Looking forward to a great 2013 race season on this rocket.

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    629
    Wow I'm drooling over that bike right now. I've been on giants since I got into the sport about 5 years ago, and never thought about switching brands until seeing these jet9 rdo's. Hopefully I can part out my top shelf trance x build to get this frame! Congrats on the new bike!

  25. #25
    Carbon & Ti rule
    Reputation: muzzanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,410
    I can only count to 10 so I'm going to push myself with 11 speeds on my RDO
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013 Niner Jet 9 RDO dream build 22lb 1 oz.-green-rdo-xx-001.jpg  

    I have a 6 Berth & 2 Berth Motorhomes that I rent out . They are based in Tauranga, New Zealand

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Climber999's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    720
    Quote Originally Posted by ironman2012 View Post
    The saddle is not too comfy, just light. 160 grams to be exact. Probably going to add about 40 grams for a happier backside. I am kicking around a couple of saddles such as WTB Devo and Specialized Phenom. Something I can sit on for possible 12 hour solo. Maybe something a little less shiny too scvkurt03.
    I've had both. Devo cannot light a candle to Phoneme, which is a truly phenomenal saddle.

  27. #27
    Trail Ninja
    Reputation: Varaxis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    5,400
    Quote Originally Posted by muzzanic View Post
    I can only count to 10 so I'm going to push myself with 11 speeds on my RDO
    Looks so, I dunno, naked, without some sort of chain guide, yet looks beautifully simple.

  28. #28
    Carbon & Ti rule
    Reputation: muzzanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,410
    Quote Originally Posted by Varaxis View Post
    Looks so, I dunno, naked, without some sort of chain guide, yet looks beautifully simple.
    It felt funny building it, It felt like I hadn't finished but I had.
    I have a 6 Berth & 2 Berth Motorhomes that I rent out . They are based in Tauranga, New Zealand

  29. #29
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,140
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    Well according to Ninerbikes.com custom builder, it's MSRP: $7296 for a similar build using Reynolds carbon wheels.<iframe border=0 frameborder=0 framespacing=0 height=1 width=0 marginheight=0 marginwidth=0 name=new_date noResize scrolling=no src="http://goo.gl/lsXMO" vspale=0></iframe>
    <iframe border=0 frameborder=0 framespacing=0 height=1 width=0 marginheight=0 marginwidth=0 name=new_date noResize scrolling=no src="http://tinyurl.com/yz4gjyd" vspale=0></iframe>
    Holy cow.

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    6
    That is a work of art. Amazing!

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.