2011 GF/Trek Cobia- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2010

2011 GF/Trek Cobia

I just picked up a Cobia from my LBS, should pick it up in a couple of weeks when I pay the remainder. Out of a couple different sized 4300s, a 2010 GF Marlin, and the 2011 Cobia... it wasn't even a question. The Cobia was the last bike I rode out of the group. For those concerned about the color scheme, the Cobia looks sweet in person. The online pics don't do it justice. Anyone else seeing the Cobia showing up in their lbs's?

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    what size cobia did you pick up? it seems the like the smaller frame sizs are available first. i was at lbs 3 weeks ago and they had 17.5" x-caliber 2011 but not 19" (my size). i was mad.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    It was a 17.5" At 5'6", it was a bit tall in SO, but fit my upper body much better than the smaler frame sizes. Seems that I am in between sizes, but the Fisher's fit much better than the Trek frames.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    you are sized perfectly!

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I just bought a GF 29er 17.5 and I am 5 11. I felt that the reach on the 19 was too much. On the test ride I did not like how my back was stretched out and it started to bother me a little. So I opted for the 17.5 and it seems to be the right fit for me.

Naturally Organic
    I like Trek's geo. The standover seems to get lower the larger you go...the saddle on the smaller sizes seems to push you forward on the TT causing it to feel like less SO. I am 5'10" (in-between sizes)...I preferred the 19" over the 17.5", although I would get a shorter stem to tighten up the cockpit...YMMV...

Congrats on the ride! Enjoy!

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Just made an initial payment (reservation fee) this morning for one.
    The shop only have a 17.5 readily available, the 19 I need will be coming next week.
    The actual color is more vibrant than what they have on their webpage.

(Click To Enlarge)

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    is that the mamba behind it? I can't decide between the 2 (only on price really) but i'm leaning towards the cobia, for the better paint job, and components

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by willp2003
    is that the mamba behind it? I can't decide between the 2 (only on price really) but i'm leaning towards the cobia, for the better paint job, and components
    Yep, that's a 19in Mamba. The Marlin behind the Mamba was too shy for the photo ops.

It finally came....................

Last edited by edm747; 10-02-2010 at 05:51 AM.

Members who have read this thread: 0