2010 specialized hardrock sport- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2009

2010 specialized hardrock sport

Hey guys i just baught a new 2010 specialized hardrock sport with disc brakes im looking to upgrade some stuff but dont know the right stuff to get. First thing id like to get is a bash ring i was riding down at the trail and nailed a rock pretty hard and it took a nice chunk out of 1 tooth looks like it will be ok tho, the thing is i cant figure out which one i need or which size ive been trying to read up but i cant figure it out. Another thing is pedals too many to choose from and i hate the ones that come with the bike stock, cheap flimsy things already bent them a bit....But if you guys could point me in the right direction i would appreciate it im new to the trails i always used to bmx so im still getting used to this stuff
    TIA
    Alex

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Are your legs really that short?
    First upgrade I'd do would be removing those reflectors.
    I'd then take the stickers off the rims, and put on a chain-stay pad.
    Its an entry level bike so you could probably upgrade things till the cows come home.
    I would ride the bike till you find some weaknesses that bug you and then make that an upgrade.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    If you want to upgrade your bike, think contact points- saddle, pedals, and grips. For pedals I suggest a nice pair of flats (I have Wellgos, they are pretty good). In the future you can upgrade to clipless. Other than that, get a pair of cycling shorts and gloves...then you're done.
    As far as components on your bike, upgrade them when they break; unless you really feel like something is holding you back.

Members who have read this thread: 0