2010 Jet9 Pic's- Mtbr.com

Thread: 2010 Jet9 Pic's

Carbon & Ti rule

2010 Jet9 Pic's

Niner have put up pictures of the New 2010 Jet9 on there web site.

http://www.ninerbikes.com/fly.aspx?l...bikes&taxid=86
    I have a 6 Berth & 2 Berth Motorhomes that I rent out . They are based in Tauranga, New Zealand

mtbr member
    So is it like the carbon frame where there are pictures, but the frames are only in the hands of the employees and team riders? Sure haven't heard any reports from anyone saying they have received their warranty frameset yet.

I also haven't seen the Classifieds dotted with brand new framesets either. Which I figure we will see a few right off the bat.

Carbon & Ti rule
    Quote Originally Posted by ia_ss157
    So is it like the carbon frame where there are pictures, but the frames are only in the hands of the employees and team riders? Sure haven't heard any reports from anyone saying they have received their warranty frameset yet.

I also haven't seen the Classifieds dotted with brand new framesets either. Which I figure we will see a few right off the bat.
    Yep you are right.

They are lite !!!! How much does a photo weigh ?
    I have a 6 Berth & 2 Berth Motorhomes that I rent out . They are based in Tauranga, New Zealand

Harmonius Wrench
    Quote Originally Posted by ia_ss157

So you are saying Niner is obliged to fill warranties and back orders before they can show a picture on their website?
    Riden' an Smilin'
    Guitar Ted

Blog
    RidingGravel.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    I love this text off their website: Speed was the main design concept of the Jet 9...

The original Jet 9 took forever to design, then broke, then they were speed in a month or so to make a upper link that didn't grenade while JRA'ing. Now they ran through another fix for the whole frame. God I hope they actually had a real engineer or someone design this one.

The front triangle looks better with the boxed in down tube. Curious if the rear changed for stiffness also

mtbr member
    Nah, I'm just being a little sarcastic. I know at least three individuals waiting on frames and am really hoping they have them before the beginning of the season. I have waited for long periods of time for a bike (by choice, not by design flaw), and it sucks not having exactly what you want, whether or not you have an alternative in your hands. I also think the fact that they are replacing most all of the frames (whether or not they were purchased second hand aka second owner) is very nice as well.

It is just unfortunate that a second recall occurred to the frames, and I am hoping they aren't rushing into production for a second time. And I do think that instead of "setting up a photo shoot", they could get a couple out the door so people can talk them up a little on the boards. That being said, the pics sure look nice

Cassoulet forever !
    If you want something that doesn't move, just ride an old school rigid steel bike !

Working on a product to improve it other the years seems the good way to do it for me, so this new frame is welcome.
    Moreover it includes mostly technology developped for the RIP, so the risk factor doesn't appear high.
    Frenchspeaking 29"ers community site http://VingtNeuf.org

Space Ghost
    As an '09 RIP owner, I have little doubt that the new Jet will be robust enough for its intended use. However, I will be curious to see what the weight penalty will be. My Large RIP frame is 7.5 lbs. I believe that is a pound heavier than the previous version. For what I use it for, it was worth every ounce.
    "No good deed goes unpunished"

Always Learning
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach417
    As an '09 RIP owner, I have little doubt that the new Jet will be robust enough for its intended use. However, I will be curious to see what the weight penalty will be. My Large RIP frame is 7.5 lbs. I believe that is a pound heavier than the previous version. For what I use it for, it was worth every ounce.
    Actually, I believe Niner had stated the redesigned JET is somewhere in the neighborhood of only 50-80g heavier than the prior version. Sorry, no link for that and my memory cannot be guaranteed. Probably on the Niner forum buried in some thread.

BB

Members who have read this thread: 0