2010 GF X-Caliber -vs- 2008 Niner EMD- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2009

2010 GF X-Caliber -vs- 2008 Niner EMD

Saw a built up 2008 Niner EMD (black frame) in a LBS few months ago. It has a Reba Fork, XT shifters and a RaceFace Deus XC crank. I loved the bike but the price was too high at $2,300.00. I then looked around and I liked the Gary Fisher X-Cal and the price was better at $1,450.00. This is with the Fox fork and Sram on it.

So I am about to pull the trigger on the X-Cal but I went back into the LBS to see if the Niner was still there because I did love the bike and the fit. I told them what I was looking to do so they said they would sell the bike for $1,650.00. This is a better price but what does the community think?

I wanted to keep it in the 29er thread as to get unbiased feedback.

TIA!

Future Rainbow Jersey
    Tough call.

I know it's apples to oranges, but I have a pre-G2 X-Cal that I love. The '10 X-Cal looks pretty awesome. However, I think if you can score that Niner for $1,650.00, that's significant, especially since it most likely has a superior component mix.

I'd go with the Niner. Try to ride both to see which one rides better, but if it's even close, go with the Niner.
    "If I can't work to make it...I'll rob to take it..."

mtbr member
    I think you will only be happy with the bike you want(niner).

Brian
    Ride it like you stole it!

Members who have read this thread: 0