2010 Fisher HiFi Pro - first impressions...- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2009

2010 Fisher HiFi Pro - first impressions...

This is a re-post that I posted in response to some questions over in the Fisher Forum, so bare with me, just thought you guys might also be interested.

Background: I bought a new leftover '08 HiFi Deluxe 29er about 6 months ago and cracked the frame on the swingarm 2 weeks ago...I was really quite happy with the '08 and had put a little over 600 miles on it prior to the breakage.

2 days ago, I was pleasantly surprised by a call from my LBS with an entire new 2010 HiFi Pro Frameset from GF as a replacement...

Took out the new '10 Hifi 29er today for a 2 hour ride consisting of about 4 miles paved road with a 1,500 ft. increase, then proceded about 2 miles on gravel road to singletrack trail head, 3 miles of ST (1.5 miles of downhill covered in packed snow) and back to the house on mixture of gravel/paved roads.

Things I noticed (in comparison to the '08 HiFi 29er frame/shock):

Frame is definiely stiffer and noticeably more efficient during climbing and out of the saddle climbing.

Cockpit seems slightly compressed from the '08 but I always felt a little stretched in the old '08/'09 geometry; fits well for my 6'0", 33" inseam, 195lb. build.

I set the sag in the Fox Float shock the same as I had in the RP2 on the '08 prior to riding, and I can tell you this shock is definitely a noticeable upgrade. Propedal feels almost like a hardtail at 180psi and I thought the cush factor was also noticeably better than the RP2 when on full open.

I still can't say enough good things about the Avid Elixr CRs that I upgraded to from the Juicy 7's. Thes things perform flawlessly with no noise and the modulation is incredible compared to the juicy 7s. 1.5 miles of downhill in full packed snow and full control the entire time. Brakes were caked pretty good with mud/snow/ice when I got home and still were silent and really responsive. I mention this because I beliee the '10 complete bikes are kitted with the same brakes...

First impressions are very good; more info once I get more miles on 'er.

Sweeper
    Great to hear another happy rider. Wait till 3 + months have passed on the bike, and I am sure you will have more good things say..... As I do!!

San Diego County
    Quote Originally Posted by elkhunter
    Cockpit seems slightly compressed from the '08 but I always felt a little stretched in the old '08/'09 geometry; fits well for my 6'0", 33" inseam
    Both of your frames size medium or large? I'm same size as you. I felt a little too stretched out on the old medium but feel perfect on the new medium.
    Quote Originally Posted by turnerbikes View Post
    Of course the easiest way to fix this is to go for a hike.
    DT

mtbr member
    Jul 2009

Frame size

Both frames were/are 19's. They both fit me, but there is just a less "stretched out" feel to the 2010 cockpit compared to the older geometry. I think I like the new geometry much better so far; especially the added firmness felt in the rear of the frame.

I just wish the trails around here weren't so trashed with ice/mud....I'm really wanting to take this bike out for a long single track ride.

Members who have read this thread: 0