2010 Cannondale Flash 29er Frame size question- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2007

2010 Cannondale Flash 29er Frame size question

I'm looking at one of these in a size medium, the Cannondale bike archieve page does'nt have any sizing info. I know they come in a M, L, X but have no idea what the geo is. This will be an internet purchase and no local Cannondale dealers to try one on for size. I ride a Medium Rush, had a medium Prophet and I'm 5' 8" with a 33 inseam. Can someone familiar with the the Flash 29er help me out here?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    At 5-9.5 with the same inseam, I was between a L and a M when I bought that same bike. I went with a M but had a lot of seat post exposed, but I prefer a more compact frame for racing. I also owned a M Rush and M Scalpel, so I think you are in the right ballpark. The top tube length is more important because you can always go longer on the stem, but going shorter is difficult with the Lefty because of the clearance at the fork cap (unless you are using a riser stem).

mtbr member
    Lots of good info there for the OP. (and the rest of us)

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I'm about 5'11'', and test riding the M felt quite a bit too small for me, maybe just right for 5'8".

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Your actually right in the middle of a med.

I'm 5.11 and feel perfect on the L Flash.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I'm 5'11" also and the large's top tube was a little long for my liking in the beginning, but now I love it! I was just accustomed to a shorter TT which made my trail bike more flickable.. this bike is all XC and the longer TT helps get your body stretched for those long grueling climbs.

Members who have read this thread: 0