12deg flat handlebars?- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 49 of 49
  1. #1
    It's carbon dontcha know.
    Reputation: 6thElement's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    4,222

    12deg flat handlebars?

    I'm after suggestions for handlebars, as the ones I want are currently out of stock until maybe sometime next month.

    12deg sweep
    0deg rise
    ~640mm width
    lightweight
    ideally carbon

    The bars I want are the Bontrager Race X Lite Carbon, but as I can't find any of them I'm open to alternatives.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    136
    Salsa makes a carbon flat bar not sure on the sweep.

  3. #3
    Always Learning
    Reputation: BruceBrown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,606
    Quote Originally Posted by 6thElement
    I'm after suggestions for handlebars, as the ones I want are currently out of stock until maybe sometime next month.

    12deg sweep
    0deg rise
    ~640mm width
    lightweight
    ideally carbon

    The bars I want are the Bontrager Race X Lite Carbon, but as I can't find any of them I'm open to alternatives.
    Salsa makes an 11 degree sweep, 0 degree rise bar in metal or carbon. Origin 8 has a 15 degree bar sweep with 0 degree rise. Syntace makes a 12 degree, 640mm width Duraflite in the 31.8mm bar clamp size and a Vector Flatrider with a 12 degree sweep - but that sucker is 800mm wide .

    I'm sure there are others...

    BB

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Climber999's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    720
    Edge (ENVE) makes a flat bar, 9d 700mm that can be chopped down in 20mm decrements.

    I love the Salsa parameters, but the carbon was very slippery and my Ergon GX1 did not stay put. Had to replace it with the aforementioned.

  5. #5
    Former Bike Wrench
    Reputation: mtnbiker72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    15,976
    -Ritchey WCS Carbon 10D is 660mm width and offset to allow for a shorter stem (or longer reach)

    -As mentioned, the Salsa Pro Moto Carbon is 11 or 17 degrees and 660mm wide

    -Easton EC70 is 9 degree and 685mm

  6. #6
    It's carbon dontcha know.
    Reputation: 6thElement's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    4,222
    Quote Originally Posted by Climber999
    Edge (ENVE) makes a flat bar, 9d 700mm that can be chopped down in 20mm decrements.

    I love the Salsa parameters, but the carbon was very slippery and my Ergon GX1 did not stay put. Had to replace it with the aforementioned.
    I probably want to use ergon grips, did you try carbon paste?

    Need to think if the offset Ritchey would work for my needs.

  7. #7
    WNC Native
    Reputation: nitrousjunky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    3,747
    Titec has a 700mm wide, 11 degree carbon flat bar as well.
    "I ride to clear my head, my head is clearer when I'm riding SS. Therefore, I choose to ride SS."~ Fullrange Drew

  8. #8
    Sup
    Reputation: Burnt-Orange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,696
    3t extendo cut down
    I am slow therefore I am

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    214
    I'm using the Syntace Vector Carbon..it's 10mm rise, but the rise is barely there. It's the most comfortable bar I've used so far.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: chairthruster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    794
    no problems here so far with ergons on a salsa pro moto carbon. Nice bar.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    760
    My advice is don't obsess about a couple of degrees of bar sweep which will exclude the majority of mtb bike handlebars sold.

    There is a reason why industry std. for mountain bike handlebars independent of rise which simply tunes bar height is...the fore and aft position of the handlebar determines grip angle. A higher backsweep bar is a bandaid for improper bar to saddle distance i.e. too long a cockpit for your preferred torso angle. If you find yourself wanting more sweep, simply shorten your stem by 10mm and your hands will be angled more in agreement with a lower backsweep bar.
    I wrote in depth about alternative bars with their cruiser handle angle and I took a bit of flack about it from those that don't quite get it. The majority do.
    I run a 10 deg riser on my 29er and it works fine. A bit more close in and a 6-8 deg. bar which is closer to industry standard would be fine as well. Sweep must match fore/aft bar position is the point and a lower backsweep promotes the bar to rest more in the root of the fingers across the palm away from the guyon's canal which is what you want to stay away from when pressurizing the hands off road.
    Hope that helps.
    PS: Ergon grips for off road riding maybe the most important and transformative cycling purchase I have made.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: chuckc1971's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    590
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtrider7
    A higher backsweep bar is a bandaid for improper bar to saddle distance i.e. too long a cockpit for your preferred torso angle. If you find yourself wanting more sweep, simply shorten your stem by 10mm and your hands will be angled more in agreement with a lower backsweep bar.
    I wrote in depth about alternative bars with their cruiser handle angle and I took a bit of flack about it from those that don't quite get it.
    I remember that thread and I remember that many (seems like most) agreed to disagree with you on your backsweep belief system. Since you are again stating this as fact, I will chime in and say increased backsweep helps bikers to have a more relaxed upper body position from hand to upper back leading to decreased fatigue/discomfort. I agree just adding backsweep is not a substitute for proper cockpit length. However, increased backsweep can make the riding position more comfortable.

  13. #13
    craigsj
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtrider7
    Sweep must match fore/aft bar position is the point and a lower backsweep promotes the bar to rest more in the root of the fingers across the palm away from the guyon's canal which is what you want to stay away from when pressurizing the hands off road.
    Of course, that angle changes with bar width and riding position in general, and since when is there an "industry standard" sweep angle?

    It appears you've dreamed up an entire pseudoscience to justify your personal bar fit opinions. Not everyone likes heavily swept bars; you should probably just leave it at that.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    760
    If you don't get it Chuck, then I can't explain it much better. Half of those that started with me in engineering school flunked out along the way for the same reason.
    My thesis which really isn't mine but born out of convention honed from exhaustive trial and error and why handlebars specific to particular bikes evolve...is basic ergonomics. This is why road riding and off road riding are very different in terms of handlebar requirements. If you ride your mountain bike like a cruiser out for a sunday stroll then you can ride no handed as well.
    Conventions are like sterotypes which are also dismissed. They however apply to the vast majority and why they become conventions and stereotypes.
    If you put your hands out in front and then pull them in tight to your body, your elbows stick out and hand position actually reverses creating negative sweep. Some ride with 0 deg handlebar sweep for this reason. The reason why most don't ride a very small bike with handlebar that sweeps forward versus rearward is because a bar positioned this close to the rider does not offer enough arm extension for leverage to control the weight shift change controlling one's torso. For maximum exertion controling the torso, the arms a bit closer in with elbows out helps control the rider CG on the bike the best. It is like doing a push up. Pretty hard to do with your elbows at your sides changing body position not to mention if pushing on a surface..best to push on one that doesn't angle back which only increases grip pressure to not slip.
    Ergonomics is a bit of a science clouded by personal preference.
    Cheers.
    Last edited by dirtrider7; 12-24-2010 at 08:22 AM.

  15. #15
    craigsj
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtrider7
    My thesis which really isn't mine but born out of convention honed from exhaustive trial and error and why handlebars specific to particular bikes evolve...it basic ergonomics.
    ...
    Ergonomics is a bit of a science which isn't everybodies strongest subject.
    The irony of these sentences.

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtrider7
    If you put your hands out in front and then pull them in tight to your body, your elbows stick out and hand position actually reverses creating negative sweep. Some ride with 0 deg handlebar sweep for this reason.
    Thank you for proving my point and disproving your own.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Climber999's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    720
    Quote Originally Posted by 6thElement
    I probably want to use ergon grips, did you try carbon paste?
    No, I didn't. That may do the trick...

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    760
    Quote Originally Posted by craigsj
    Of course, that angle changes with bar width and riding position in general, and since when is there an "industry standard" sweep angle?

    It appears you've dreamed up an entire pseudoscience to justify your personal bar fit opinions. Not everyone likes heavily swept bars; you should probably just leave it at that.
    Jesus...are you really that dense?
    I am explaining why the vast majority prefer a 0-10 deg bar on a mtb and for good reason.
    Very few prefer an 'alternative' bar on a mtb and for good reason and why it is 'alternative'.
    Ummmm...I am extolling the opposite of what you stated. The inter-webs.
    Craig...for the record..state what bar sweep you prefer on a mtb.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    760
    Quote Originally Posted by craigsj
    The irony of these sentences.


    Thank you for proving my point and disproving your own.
    The irony is you can have such a reading deficit.
    We may actually agree since you counterdict my posts.
    Good comedy at least. Btw...you never made a point.

  19. #19
    craigsj
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtrider7
    Jesus...are you really that dense?
    I am explaining why the vast majority prefer a 0-10 deg bar on a mtb and for good reason.
    Very few prefer an 'alternative' bar on a mtb and for good reason and why it is 'alternative'.
    Ummmm...I am extolling the opposite of what you stated. The inter-webs.
    Craig...for the record..state what bar sweep you prefer on a mtb.
    Why should I? I'm not trying to tell everyone else their preferences are wrong nor did the OP ask for people's opinions on different sweeps.

    As for what you are trying to say, who can tell with all the nonsense you were spouting? You said there was an "industry standard" and a good reason for it. Thing is, there isn't. Perhaps you should try harder to say what you mean rather than what sounds impressive. If all you are saying is that most prefer shallower angles, duh.

  20. #20
    craigsj
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtrider7
    The irony is you can have such a reading deficit.
    We may actually agree since you counterdict my posts.
    Good comedy at least. Btw...you never made a point.
    Dirtrider, I suggest you get out a dictionary, look up "thesis", "science", and "ergonomics", and while you are at it "everybodies", then ask yourself just what is your "strongest subject" and could it be that the wrong student was flunked out of engineering school. When you realize the illiteracy of your own comments you'll understand what I meant by "irony".

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    760
    Quote Originally Posted by craigsj
    Why should I? I'm not trying to tell everyone else their preferences are wrong nor did the OP ask for people's opinions on different sweeps.

    As for what you are trying to say, who can tell with all the nonsense you were spouting? You said there was an "industry standard" and a good reason for it. Thing is, there isn't. Perhaps you should try harder to say what you mean rather than what sounds impressive. If all you are saying is that most prefer shallower angles, duh.
    I am not trying to sound impressive. I only sound impressive to you because you are a bit of dim bulb.
    I am not telling anybody what to do. Conventions are generally within a given tolerance.
    Most wheels are round. Mountain bikes typically have 26 inch wheels and now 650 and 29ers are coming to fore. Conventions do morph. Even handlebars. But guess what?
    What is a conventional mountain bike bar? With or without rise and typically 3-10 degrees of backsweep make up say 85% of all mountain bikes sold. I would say that qualifies as a convention...about a 7 degree tolerance + or -. If say 80% of all mtb's sold had a cruiser aka alternative bar on it aka 30-45 deg backsweep, that would be a convention. But it is not the case...a rare exception in fact that some even like on this forum. I am simply explaining how this convention evolved as some may not know.
    Some don't know for example how the convention of 26 inch wheels came into being. The answer there is because cruisers had 26 inch wheels and mtbs evolved from cruisers. 26 inch wheels were available with wider rims and wider tires that work better on loose soil were already available. Inherently a 26 inch wheel is stronger and lighter than a 700c wheel because of shorter spoke length. But...a mtb isn't a cruiser and mtbs developed a different convention for handlebars because the demands of off road riding and controlling rider CG on the bike are different than a cruiser. Conventions evolve for a reason.

  22. #22
    craigsj
    Guest
    Wow, who knew that was what you were saying!

    I preferred the version where you said your thesis wasn't yours because it grew out of your experiences and was a science. That was genius. It's a good thing you aren't trying to sound impressive.

    As for your history lesson, it's about as valuable as your ergonomics lesson. Hope it makes you feel good, though.

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    760
    Quote Originally Posted by craigsj
    Dirtrider, I suggest you get out a dictionary, look up "thesis", "science", and "ergonomics", and while you are at it "everybodies", then ask yourself just what is your "strongest subject" and could it be that the wrong student was flunked out of engineering school. When you realize the illiteracy of your own comments you'll understand what I meant by "irony".
    Craig you haven't made a point or counterpoint to what I have written. You are a garden variety troll is all. Try to reel in your emotion and make a point. I will ask you again.
    What sweep mtb handlebar do you prefer? Maybe we can even find some common ground. Fair to say there is no convention relative to bar rise on a mtb? Although probably 70-80% of all 26 inch mtbs sold have a riser bar...and a bit more have a flat bar on a 29er because of the higher front end. Do we have agreement there?..lol.

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    760
    Quote Originally Posted by craigsj
    Wow, who knew that was what you were saying!

    I preferred the version where you said your thesis wasn't yours because it grew out of your experiences and was a science. That was genius. It's a good thing you aren't trying to sound impressive.

    As for your history lesson, it's about as valuable as your ergonomics lesson. Hope it makes you feel good, though.
    There is no refuting convention. It isn't mine, only observed. Maybe we need to start slower to bring you along a bit. I will say most bicycles have a seat. Would you say this is a convention? We can build from there.
    Craig, do you have a handlebar on your bike? Do you even know what sweep it is?...lol.

  25. #25
    It's carbon dontcha know.
    Reputation: 6thElement's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    4,222
    You two should just get a room

    I think the closest suggestion so far to my original request is the Salsa.

  26. #26
    craigsj
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtrider7
    Craig you haven't made a point or counterpoint to what I have written.
    I made a specific point in my very first post, one that contradicted you. Your very next comment supported me and I pointed that out. Sorry but you are wrong again.

    Since your absolutes have now given way to "conventions" and 70-80% handwaving, perhaps you can explain this comment you made again:

    A higher backsweep bar is a bandaid for improper bar to saddle distance i.e. too long a cockpit for your preferred torso angle.

    The problem here is your belief that anyone who doesn't do it like you do is wrong. There are reasons to prefer different angles as you have acknowledged yourself. You can temper this all you want after the fact but it doesn't change what has been said. As I said in my first post, not everyone likes heavily swept bars and you should probably just leave it at that. Incidentally, the OP wasn't asking about a high sweep bar.

  27. #27
    Map Maker
    Reputation: cbchess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,244
    Wow dirtrider7 seems to have run out the line on this thread. Reel him back in a bit craigsj.


    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Richmond, VA
    Ra-MORE mtb club

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    760
    Quote Originally Posted by craigsj
    I made a specific point in my very first post, one that contradicted you. Your very next comment supported me and I pointed that out. Sorry but you are wrong again.

    Since your absolutes have now given way to "conventions" and 70-80% handwaving, perhaps you can explain this comment you made again:

    A higher backsweep bar is a bandaid for improper bar to saddle distance i.e. too long a cockpit for your preferred torso angle.

    The problem here is your belief that anyone who doesn't do it like you do is wrong. There are reasons to prefer different angles as you have acknowledged yourself. You can temper this all you want after the fact but it doesn't change what has been said. As I said in my first post, not everyone likes heavily swept bars and you should probably just leave it at that. Incidentally, the OP wasn't asking about a high sweep bar.
    I thought what I wrote was obvious enough for even guys like you.
    Have you ever played around with backsweep and see what it does to cockpit length?
    Bars sweeping back shortens the cockpit. Guys who like more backsweep many times have a 'conventional' bar too far away from them. If they were to actually ride a properly sized mtb or use a shorter stem to properly position a conventional bar, they may just start to understand why 99% of all racers and even competitive amateurs prefer a low backsweep bar. They seek higher backsweep as a bandaid for fit. I will give you an analogy because you still may not get it. Many complain about a drop bar on a road bike. Most that really understand road riding know that a drop bar is extremely comfortable...to the point where some even install a drop bar on a mtb. Why do some abandon a drop bar then? Because they were never properly fitted. The bar is either too far away or too low. Many that tour prefer drop bars. So they change to a flat bar which for the vast majority isn't as comfortable as a properly positioned drop bar which offers a variety of hand positions. Is this too complicated for you? Lastly, there is 'nobody' more vigilant about not only efficiency which translates to speed and as importantly hand health than racers who subject their bodies and hands to the most grueling conditions. Loading a high backsweep bar in rough conditions is hard on the hands. This is my experience. Racers race what they do...again a convention...not unlike drop bars on a road bike...for a reason.
    What is kind of funny is how clumsy you word your last sentence. You completely miss the point. Sorry to correct you again but will rewrite your sentence properly. It should read: Very few riders and virtual no top riders prefer a mtb handlebar with a lot of sweep. which is precisely my point even though you convolute it. Your statement is incorrect. The reality isn't about "not everybody" liking a high backsweep bar. The truth is MOST don't like a high backsweep bar and that is why a low backsweep bar on a mtb is a convention. Most prefer it. I know these are hard concepts for you to grasp by your continued misundertanding.
    Last edited by dirtrider7; 12-24-2010 at 12:05 PM.

  29. #29
    Map Maker
    Reputation: cbchess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,244
    I remember the first thread where you brought this up and everyone else disagreed then too.
    My point in that thread and this one was this:

    Sweep must match fore/aft bar position is the point and a lower backsweep promotes the bar to rest more in the root of the fingers across the palm away from the guyon's canal which is what you want to stay away from when pressurizing the hands off road.
    If you set up a big sweeping bar correctly it will not pressuize the guyun's canal or your ulnar nerve. thats all.
    Richmond, VA
    Ra-MORE mtb club

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    760
    Quote Originally Posted by cbchess
    I remember the first thread where you brought this up and everyone else disagreed then too.
    My point in that thread and this one was this:



    If you set up a big sweeping bar correctly it will not pressuize the guyun's canal or your ulnar nerve. thats all.
    That's wrong too. Pointing a big sweep bar downward...what you are referring too, does not address handle encroachment toward the outboard base of the wrist.
    Have fun boys. Enjoy those big sweep bars.
    For the more thoughtful, if you have a big sweep bar on your bike and your hands/wrists start to hurt at the outboard base of your wrists...beware.
    Reversing ulnar nerve damage takes a long time to heal. I speak from experience.
    Merry Christmas...I am out.
    PS: OP...if you follow what I wrote, there is a reason why it is not easy to find a 12 degree backsweep bar for your mtb and you will be happier without one if you properly position your handlebar.

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation: chairthruster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    794
    dirtrider and craigsj = ******s

    again... check out the salsa. they made me happy again yesterday on a ride.

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    258
    I like my Salsa too. Must not be good riding weather wherever those two guys are....

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Magilla_Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    259
    I think I actually got dumber reading this thread.

  34. #34
    I have red hair
    Reputation: RedGreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    265
    Yeah and I'm sure there are all kinds of riders out there that could ride a bike with an "imporperly set-up", big sweep handlebar that caused them all kinds of pain that could still kick dirtrider's a$$ anyday on any bike, but i guess they'd still be doing it "wrong", huh?
    "I don't believe in brakes, all they do is slow you down"

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    483
    Off topic, but Magilla I love your avatar!

  36. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    394
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtrider7
    That's wrong too. Pointing a big sweep bar downward...what you are referring too, does not address handle encroachment toward the outboard base of the wrist.
    Have fun boys. Enjoy those big sweep bars.
    For the more thoughtful, if you have a big sweep bar on your bike and your hands/wrists start to hurt at the outboard base of your wrists...beware.
    Reversing ulnar nerve damage takes a long time to heal. I speak from experience.
    Merry Christmas...I am out.
    PS: OP...if you follow what I wrote, there is a reason why it is not easy to find a 12 degree backsweep bar for your mtb and you will be happier without one if you properly position your handlebar.
    Dirtrider,

    You need to strengthen up your core. With a stronger core, you'd be leaning less on the handlebars and having less trouble with your wrists. Dont blame the equipment.

    Check this out for some tips:

    http://www.menshealth.com/fitness/core-workout-4

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    898
    Quote Originally Posted by chairthruster
    dirtrider and craigsj = ******s
    +1

    You guys need to learn that you will never win an "Internet Argument (TM)".

    Besides, why are you arguing about handlebar sweeps on Xmas day???

  38. #38
    San Miguel Beer Drinker
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    322
    the niner guys swear by the flat top bars.

  39. #39
    bucking the fends
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by IstongKowldPaRin
    the niner guys swear by the flat top bars.
    uh, durr....

    so you think that because a bunch of guys that work for a bike company wouldn't naturally swear by the product they make? You think even if they didn't, they would endorse a competitor? Riiiiiiiiight........ the racers run Salsa bars anyway with the decals taped up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 12deg flat handlebars?-v43268_hurr%2520durr%2520im%2520a%2520hoers.jpg  


  40. #40
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    45
    I love how a discussion of handlebar sweep can get so personal and involve engineering school. This is a great website. I like the Salsa 17 degree sweep because,,,,,well just because. It also is a really convenient place for my brake levers to attach too!

  41. #41
    mtbr member
    Reputation: chuckc1971's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    590
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumGrove
    I like the Salsa 17 degree sweep because,,,,,well just because.
    Amen, brother!

  42. #42
    San Miguel Beer Drinker
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    322
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeindustrydude
    uh, durr....
    so you think that because a bunch of guys that work for a bike company wouldn't naturally swear by the product they make? You think even if they didn't, they would endorse a competitor? Riiiiiiiiight........ the racers run Salsa bars anyway with the decals taped up.
    and what do you use to clean the sand out of your vagina? salsa as well?

  43. #43
    mtbr member
    Reputation: LyNx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    24,073
    WOW Fantastic come back and it only took you 2 months to come up with it
    Quote Originally Posted by IstongKowldPaRin
    and what do you use to clean the sand out of your vagina? salsa as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold
    You're doing mtbr wrong, you're supposed to get increasingly offended by the implications that you're doing ANYTHING wrong.

  44. #44
    Moderator Moderator
    Reputation: 2melow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,771

    Not anymore they don't!

    Quote Originally Posted by bikeindustrydude
    uh, durr....

    Riiiiiiiiight........ the racers run Salsa bars anyway with the decals taped up.
    Not anymore! Niner finally has their own 710mm 175g carbon bar.
    Front Range Forum Moderator

  45. #45
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Lumbee1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,908
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinier
    I'm using the Syntace Vector Carbon..it's 10mm rise, but the rise is barely there. It's the most comfortable bar I've used so far.
    Same here. I love this bar. It's super strong and yet much more forgiving than the Easton bar it replaced. The sweep and width are perfect for me.

  46. #46
    Tá mé ar meisce.
    Reputation: BeerCan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    610
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumbee1
    Same here. I love this bar. It's super strong and yet much more forgiving than the Easton bar it replaced. The sweep and width are perfect for me.
    Yeah, but this bar seems impossible to find in the USA
    To see what is right, and not to do it, is want of courage or of principle. -- Confucius
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come join me at the Swamp

  47. #47
    San Miguel Beer Drinker
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    322
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx
    WOW Fantastic come back and it only took you 2 months to come up with it
    are you bikeindustrydude's girlfriend?

    no wonder your posts are at 12,000++. Nothing but whoring around.

  48. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Lumbee1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,908
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerCan
    Yeah, but this bar seems impossible to find in the USA
    I picked up a very slightly used bar off ebay for $70 shipped.

  49. #49
    Tá mé ar meisce.
    Reputation: BeerCan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    610
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumbee1
    I picked up a very slightly used bar off ebay for $70 shipped.
    I see, thanks. For some reason I am hesitant to buy used carbon bars. I might have to though, the 2 bars I am interested in seem to be OOS everywhere. The Syntace and the ENVE.
    To see what is right, and not to do it, is want of courage or of principle. -- Confucius
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come join me at the Swamp

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.