100mm 29er Forks?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2004

100mm 29er Forks?

How many companies are making 100mm forks for 29ers and are you guys running them? Just wondering, I am thinking about trying a 29er out and I am looking into my options. Sorry if I missed this on the FAQ's.

mtbr member

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by HappyBoy
    How many companies are making 100mm forks for 29ers and are you guys running them? Just wondering, I am thinking about trying a 29er out and I am looking into my options. Sorry if I missed this on the FAQ's.
    As a Fox advocate I can't believe I am saying this is but the Rock Shox Reba feels nice and less $$$ than the WB. It will be 2010 before Fox will build a 29'er fork. They were 5 years behind the curve on 20mm forks!

The Duuude, man...
    RS ReBA or White Brothers for excellent 29er forks with 100mm. Fox not a necessary option, as we have that level or above quality already available. Certainly fox is missing out, but sometimes stupidity and short-sight should be punished with "logical consequences."

That being said, you can get your WB 100mm 29er fork in quick release or thru-axle configurations.
    FS: Everything

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Are there any production 29er hardtail single speed frames designed around a 100mm fork?

Quote Originally Posted by ncj01
    RS ReBA or White Brothers for excellent 29er forks with 100mm. Fox not a necessary option, as we have that level or above quality already available. Certainly fox is missing out, but sometimes stupidity and short-sight should be punished with "logical consequences."

That being said, you can get your WB 100mm 29er fork in quick release or thru-axle configurations.

Witty McWitterson
    nope. just custom.
    Just a regular guy.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Martini

Is your 29er designed around 100mm? If so how much different are your angles? Just trying to decide whether to go custom or deal with altering the geometry of a stock frame with the 100mm fork.

Quote Originally Posted by ~martini~
    nope. just custom.

Recovering couch patato
    "designed around", none. But "loads of fun", why not?
    A 100mm fork throws off the angles about 1 on a frame designed for 80. Especially if you like your sag, not a real biggie. If the bike is designed to be quick-handling with 80mm, it will be moderate with 100mm.
    Seat angles change along, but that's what seat rails are for. Also, a setback seatpost over a straight one makes already more difference than 20mm in the fork.
    Klok - XC - Skate - Ski

Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ~martini~
    nope. just custom.
    hmmmmm. Food for thought.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

What a great idea!

Must be why Brad @ Wily is building me one now.

;-)

The Duuude, man...
    Are there any production 29er hardtail single speed frames designed around a 100mm fork?
    The RIG is the only production 29er SS hardtail (as a complete bike), although there are several production SS 29er frames out there.

The biggest quesion I don't think should be if there's a 80mm frame to get, but why you really think you need a 100mm fork on a SS 29er frame. And if you NEED one that bad, just get a RIG, buy a WB (or 100mm REBA), sell the REBA, and proceed with high satisfaction level. I think you'll find that you don't NEED 100mm on a 29er SS. I found the 70mm on the CX-1 to be amble, many find the 0mm on rigids to be ample. 80mm with the plushness of the modern day WB's and REBA's is/should be as much as anyone could possibly desire (in a SS configuration, I'll not say the same is Neccessarily true for a Leviathan for instance).
    FS: Everything

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

RIG - works easily in 100mm mode

The rig comes set up for 85mm travel, however it is a 10minute job (if you have an idea what you're doing) to turn any reba into a 100mm fork. I think the Fishers handle quite well when slackened out just a bit. Just my 2c.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

No need for 100mm

In my 26er days I let the LBS talk me into a 105mm fork on a HT that was designed for 80mm or less. What a mistake! it handled like a tractor. Sure was lots of fun when you pointed downhill and it was straight and rocky, but when it came to single track, twisty downhills-no fun. Soon after that I got my KM and my 26er days are over. I have been riding rigid for some time now but I am awaiting my White Brothers BW 1.0 80mm fork next week. Take the others word for it stay with 80mm unless you are going to ride a FS bike that has the same travel for the rear. My 2c