Glass Breaker
    Aug 2005

Yeti ASR-7 fitment?

With the closeout frames available, does any one know if a 2.35 Nevegal on a Flow would fit in a Yeti ASR-7?

Could be a sweet AM frame, but with a high BB. It's 13.8" unsagged with 26 in wheels.

Ka-coo-ka-cha!
    26 yes, 650b dunno
    Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live. ~Mark Twain, "Taming the Bicycle"

Glass Breaker
    Aug 2005
    Thanks for the "no answer" answer

Ka-coo-ka-cha!
    I guess that did suck. I was searching to verify the max tire size, although I run a 2.35x26 Hans Dampf with clearance, but did not find it. The problem is the cross-brace between the "chain-stays". It is pretty close. From the numbers (559 for 26er and 584 for 650b ETRTO), only a 2.0 650b would fit where a 2.4 26 is the max. So, I guess yes it would...if you are ok with a 2.0 Pacenti Quasi-moto, or the like, on the 7.

I would not be ok with this, since I ride that bike with reckless abandon. Not sure if the Quasi is designed for the abuse. My $.02.

As far as the 2.35 Nevie in 650b, I would say no...since the numbers do agree. However, you could always spend some cash and try it. I doubt it would work, but am ok with somebody else giving it a go.

However, I am contemplating using a 650b front wheel, since I have a TALAS. I could crank it down to 130 for trail and 100 for ups and still have a workable HT angle. The 160 setting would give the bike 180 geo, for the most part. Would be an interesting experiment...
    Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live. ~Mark Twain, "Taming the Bicycle"

Glass Breaker
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by snigs View Post
    ... The problem is the cross-brace between the "chain-stays". It is pretty close...
    Seems to be the current Yeti consensus. Thanks for looking into it though.

A 2.0 Quasi is definitely not what I had in mind, still an awesome bike though.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    650b fits on the older Yeti alloy rear triangles. But all the newer Yeti bikes now have carbon rear triangles, which do not accommodate 650b.

Fred

Members who have read this thread: 0