Thread: Wheel help

mtbr member
    Mar 2016

Wheel help

Hi, so I got exited on an bmx pump track near my home and made a few small jumps that my diamondback LINE stock wheels didn't agree with (285lbs rider). I took them to the LBS but they couldn't true them. I started looking online for a replacement but it gets pretty complicated really fast and I am really confused on what exactly fits my bike. It is 27.5 Has SRAM 1x9 and a 2.35 tire. I don't want to spend a fortune as I will be upgrading soon. diamondback won't sell replacements. I really appreciate the help.

Here is is a link to the specs

Diamondback Bikes - Mountain Bikes - Line

Less yap more braaap
    How far out of true are we talking about here? Like it wobbles like mad or just a little bit of wobbling.

If you can deal with it for the time being I'd probably just save your money and wait until you upgrade. If you need something quick to make it rideable again I'd hit up your local bicycle cooperative if you have one in your city.

As long as your cassette will fit on the new hub you're good to go also make sure the hub is for the rear is a 135mm QR and not a thru axle or anything.

This Sun ringle set from Jensen looks pretty OK but it's still pricey Sun Ringle Black Flag Expert 27.5 Wheels > Components > Wheels > Mountain Wheels | Jenson USA

In the future if you know you're gonna be hard on the bike and still 285 lbs I'd probably get some strong wheels built up with 32 or even 36 spokes, triple butted (DT Apline 3, Sapim Force, or Sapim Super Spokes), and strong hoops.

Fat-tired Roadie
    Here's another inexpensive set. The rim is marketed for more AM use rather than XC and it's a 32-spoke build. Should fit your bike and if your current rims are skinny, you'll like the increased stability.

http://www.jensonusa.com/Mountain-Wh...elset?cs=Black

Sent from my E5803 using Tapatalk
    "Don't buy upgrades; ride up grades." -Eddy Merckx

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Thanks for the advice