Vitus Sentier 27 VR 2019 Hub and Chainring info- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2019

New question here. Vitus Sentier 27 VR 2019 Hub and Chainring info

Hi,

I recently bought a vitus sentier 27 vr (2019) and I was searching some more information on the bike other than those on the website.

Vitus Sentier 27 VR 2019

I cannot find the rear hub model, other that it's a KT 32h boost.

I'm planning to change the rear hub driver to an xd driver, but have no clue where to find a compatible xd driver body, because I cannot even know the hub model it is.

I also couldn't find the max chainring clearance, it currently has 32t, but I would like to upgrade it to 34t if not 36t.

Would anyone know those informations?

Cheers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Vitus Sentier 27 VR 2019 Hub and Chainring info-20190613_145535.jpg  

Vitus Sentier 27 VR 2019 Hub and Chainring info-whatsapp-image-2019-06-03-23.23.35.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    I would guess that the hub is a novatech or formula that might be Vitus branded. I bet you can email and ask both your questions and get answers.

Upon further research, KT is it's own company.::Products:: And it appears that they make exactly one hub model with an XD driver and the hub looks fairly different from the other Shimano hubs and the one you have pictured.

So, I'm guessing you want the XD so you can go to SRAM 12 speed. And I'm guessing you want the 12 for the teeny cog.

Sitll worth an inquiry.to KT.

mtbr member
    Jun 2019
    I tried reaching Vitus and KT, alas none of them replied...

I browsed KT's website but couldn't figure out what my hub model was from the shape of it.

I would like to update my cassette to a sram 10-42t 11sp one, requiring an xd driver yes.

mtbr member
    Oct 2017
    ChainReaction should be able to help as they own Vitus.
    OR contact Vitus by email / FB if one or the other ddint work.

You could consider a new complete wheel because you will need new spokes, nipples, cost to rebuild, shipping, etc it could quickly add up. You can always sell the old wheel since nothing is broken.

I wish I had taken my own advice above after replacing a rear rim for my Sentier as the final expense was 235

mtbr member
    Jun 2019
    What about just changing the XD Driver body? It would not require a new hub, so not a new rim.

Turns out 34t chainring fits on the Sentier's frame, I'm going to test a 36t chainring, and if it fits, I won't have to consider changing the cassette anymore!

mtbr member
    Oct 2017
    If the XD will fit your hub...? I think swapping freehub is generally not compatible across brands.
    So if your current wheel hub comes with shimano freehub you are probably stuck with that unless you change the wheel hub or KT makes a specific XD driver for it.

This is why I assumed you would be replacing the entire hub & therefore rebuilding the wheel.
    I could be wrong but this is my limited understanding.

mtbr member
    Oct 2017
    Im sorry. Re-reading your post I can see you are already clear about this. You need an XD-driver made by KT for your current hub. But its not clear if they make it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2019
    Correct.
    I wonder, if I find the number of pawls of my current 148x12mm boost HUB, would a generic SRAM XD Driver be compatible with it?

Such as this one SRAM XD Driver Body for SRAM Rise 60 (A1)

mtbr member
    Jun 2019
    Vitus replied to me, it's a KT Hub specific for Vitus, the KT M5ER.

Vitus Sentier 27 VR 2019 Hub and Chainring info-screen-shot-2019-06-21-12.36.04-pm.jpg

So now I need to find a compatible XD Driver body for 4 pawls and 1 spring, dimension: 19 (ID12)x148mm.

I searched online without much luck.

Would anyone be able to guide me?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Jul 2019