mtbr member

Smile Trek 69er & DUC 32 fork??

I am thinking about buying a Trek 69, but am a bit concerned about the slack head angle on it. Does the DUC 32 29er that comes stock on the Trek 69er have the Climbing Mode that lowers the bike’s front end 2” for improved climbing?

Also, any recommendations on set-up would be appreciated. Thanks.

Biker Beau

Yes on the Climbing Mode

It does have the feature, drops the front ~2" and stiffens it up quite nicely.

I'm sure you'll find if you search "Duc", there are two distinct camps...those who LOVE their forks and those who don't.

Definitely LOVE my two. Don't just settle on the stock settings, they are set up fairly middle of the road. The forks are very easy to user-service, but the Trek 69er version does not have a complete maintenance manual out yet that I know of. Its internals are different than the older model Duc32's and has a floating piston.

Contact Ethan @Maverick if you have tuning questions. He's absolutely fantastic about responding and steering you in the correct direction.

Allen

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I'm finding my 29" wheel upfront out climbs the 26" wheel previously, despite slacker angles and running the bars higher, so I wouldn't worry about it to much, rules have changed.

I'm a old DUC32 Fork HATER, not ridden in 29er mode or the new one ofcourse.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I have a DUC 32 on a Niner Sir9. I like the fork for hauling downhill and with the travel reduced it climbs descent. However, I find the fork twists so much in the tight stuff that I am about over it.

Ozark Native

duc up

like some of the others have said, stiff, killer when pointed down, easy tune, nice travel reducer. I will also say there is a twist when using a XC wheel (Delgado Cross, Mav hub) but that all went away w/ KH rim. it is a totally different fork now in tech/slow sections. and a pic to make make ya think about usin big wheels on both ends
    Attached Images Attached Images
    http://queencitycycles.com home of the shiftless bastards

Members who have read this thread: 0