Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Titus X 650b?

  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    92

    Titus X 650b?

    Has anyone tried to 650b-ify an aluminum Titus X (Titus' replacement for the Racer X)? Is there a way to test the setup without having to buy a 650 wheel and tire?

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    291
    May want to go about it like so.

    Order the front wheel and b4 you put it in the fork, see how it fits out back. No matter what you'll be better off at least going B6er.
    Wait, what fork you got? Just look at the 650b fork sticky.

  3. #3
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,236
    Quote Originally Posted by gearjunkie88 View Post
    Has anyone tried to 650b-ify an aluminum Titus X (Titus' replacement for the Racer X)? Is there a way to test the setup without having to buy a 650 wheel and tire?
    Will not fit the rear.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    25

    Racer X carbon

    Does the Racer X carbon (the older and new one) fits the 650b on rear?

  5. #5
    High Alpine Adventure
    Reputation: DaGoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,826
    Here's my Racer-X-O B6'er... 120mm Lefty makes it more trail worthy!

    I am thinking of potential swapping my Racer-X 29er rear swing arm and see if I can go full 650b. My thinking is that the BB height will work better than trying to 650b the 29er frame. Thoughts?

    Titus X 650b?-img_8416w.jpg
    Dug-Da-Goat

    Something changes at 12,000'
    ...so welcome to the Odyssey!

    Building your trails at FooMTB

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: CulBaire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    858
    Quote Originally Posted by DaGoat View Post
    I am thinking of potential swapping my Racer-X 29er rear swing arm and see if I can go full 650b. My thinking is that the BB height will work better than trying to 650b the 29er frame. Thoughts?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8416w.jpg 
Views:	681 
Size:	188.1 KB 
ID:	841355
    Do ittttttttttt and of course report back here with results!

    I love my Ti Racer X it rides fantastically however having just recently ridden a 650b Giant I reckon the 650b wheels / tires would make the Racer X that tiny bit better!
    Cul is a regretted trademark of the CulBaire Co'op Pty Ltd, as are his random ramblings and associated bullshit.

  7. #7
    High Alpine Adventure
    Reputation: DaGoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,826
    Quote Originally Posted by CulBaire View Post
    Do ittttttttttt and of course report back here with results!

    I love my Ti Racer X it rides fantastically however having just recently ridden a 650b Giant I reckon the 650b wheels / tires would make the Racer X that tiny bit better!
    It's getting cold and I have to send the Lefty to Mendon for a rebuild, so I might play with the frame some and see how it looks. Stay tuned!
    Dug-Da-Goat

    Something changes at 12,000'
    ...so welcome to the Odyssey!

    Building your trails at FooMTB

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    291
    Quote Originally Posted by DaGoat View Post
    Here's my Racer-X-O B6'er... 120mm Lefty makes it more trail worthy!

    I am thinking of potential swapping my Racer-X 29er rear swing arm and see if I can go full 650b. My thinking is that the BB height will work better than trying to 650b the 29er frame. Thoughts?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8416w.jpg 
Views:	681 
Size:	188.1 KB 
ID:	841355
    Hind site may leave you feeling...meh on the return on investment(effort). B6er to full is like icing on the cake. Now, those long 29er CS will certainly have a more dramatic affect.
    '10 Marin MountVision 650b conversion

  9. #9
    High Alpine Adventure
    Reputation: DaGoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,826
    Quote Originally Posted by socalscott View Post
    Hind site may leave you feeling...meh on the return on investment(effort). B6er to full is like icing on the cake. Now, those long 29er CS will certainly have a more dramatic affect.
    I hear ya Scott... the thing I like about the bike right now is it seems to really push the front end through stuff. The 26" rear spins up fast and easy and it seems to accelerate the front end. I may lose some of that feeling with a full 650b setup.

    As for the chain stays on the 29er swing arm, your right, wheel base will be longer and I would think more stable in the corners but perhaps not as responsive. The rear wheel will be further back and will prevent the front from lifting as much as it does now (it's not bad for having lifted it 20-30mm).

    Surprisingly, the front isn't as "floppy" as I thought it was going to be with the 120mm fork and the 650b wheel. I guess the Racer X has a pretty steep HA so it feels more neutral rather than quick now.

    Dunno... might be worth the effort just for the experiment. In case you hadn't noticed from the bike itself, I'm kind of a tinker-er!!!
    Dug-Da-Goat

    Something changes at 12,000'
    ...so welcome to the Odyssey!

    Building your trails at FooMTB

  10. #10
    cut
    cut is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    12
    HI,

    Read the info in this link:

    Titus a player?

    Maybe it will help you

    ELI
    ISRAEL

Members who have read this thread: 1

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.