Cannonball!

Thinking about going 650b

Does anyone have a frame recommendation for me? It would be a single speed build and I prefer an eccentric bb or sliding dropout (the brake caliper moves with the dropout), and I would like to run the White Brothers 130mm fork. I would be willing to look at 26" frames, if the bottom bracket height and mud clearance isn't an issue. I am 5'7, 30ish inseam and 29er geometry just doesn't seem to work well for my size, so I am thinking this would be the ticket for me.

mtbr member
    And your budget is how much??

mtbr member
    Have a look see at the Soul Cycles Icon frame - that'll get the job done for you without breaking the old bank account.

Harshing my mellow, man..
    Jun 2008
    Haro Beasley is a 650b bike that's singlespeed. I don't know about compatibility on the fork, you'd have to ask someone with a little more knowledge than I.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by locobaylor
    Haro Beasley is a 650b bike that's singlespeed. I don't know about compatibility on the fork, you'd have to ask someone with a little more knowledge than I.
    Great suggestion.

I just got my Beasley Single Speed. Its has the perfect geometry and comes with an Eccentric BB, for pretty cheap. The only problem for all the custom builders, is it dosnt come as frame only, so you would have to sell the parts. Because you want to run the Magic 130 fork that requires a Thru-Axle, you would have to ditch the wheels too. These are the only reasons why for this application of a custom build, I would not suggest the Beasly. Its a great bike to get as a single speed to try the 650b becuase of its price.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    How does the Beasley (or other rigid 650) compare to riding a rigid 29er?

Members who have read this thread: 0