Sub $600 650b compatible full suspension frame ?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2010

Sub $600 650b compatible full suspension frame ?

I'd like to find an inexpensive single pivot full suspension frame to try my 650b wheels on. I don't have much to spend at the moment but I'm wondering if it's possible to find a decent suspension frame that will fit 650b wheels for less than say, 600 dollars. I have in mind something like an old Weyless Xp or a Haro Shift but it'd be nice to know what sorts of newer options there are. If anyone has a 20"-22" frame that would fit the bill please let know! Thanks.

banned
    Feb 2012
    For under $700, you might be still able to get a new Santa Cruz Nickel which I would highly recommend. For $600, you may find i.e. a few years old Cannondale Prophet which is a quite popular frame among the 650b enthusiasts here. Or get a whole bike with a lefty for under 1G and sell me the lefty!

bikeboatbrewski
    Backcountry.com/SAC/H&R had the SC Nickle frames for like $600ish recently.

The White Jeff W
    Check eBay for jamis b1 & b2 frames
    No moss...

NedwannaB

Compatible

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixbikes View Post
    I'd like to find an inexpensive single pivot full suspension frame to try my 650b wheels on. I don't have much to spend at the moment but I'm wondering if it's possible to find a decent suspension frame that will fit 650b wheels for less than say, 600 dollars. I have in mind something like an old Weyless Xp or a Haro Shift but it'd be nice to know what sorts of newer options there are. If anyone has a 20"-22" frame that would fit the bill please let know! Thanks.
    "Not endorsing fleabay, use for reference only"

I have one with 650's. Specialized FSR suspension design. Works good with 2.0/2.1 tires. Will buzz rr derailure cable stop braze-on of seat tube fully compressed (no air). I have no issues @ 140# but heavier riders may want to shim shock travel if they ride agressively.

'09 KHS XCT 535 Bicycle Frame w/ X-Fusion 02 RC Air Shox 5" Rear Travel New OE | eBay

Some others have converted these. Not exzactly sure of the year though.

'09 Marin Wolf Ridge 6.7 Frame 140mm Travel Fox Float RP2 Shox 19" Large New OE | eBay
    Last edited by JMac47; 08-10-2012 at 08:33 AM. Reason: typo
    Ripley V1 XC/Gravel Adventure rig
    NORCO Fluid FS
    Salsa Timberjack

mtbr member
    The Jamis frames are a bargain as well as the Nickels, I would have already pulled the trigger on one of these if they were so heavy.
    Hardrock 29er, Niner EMD9, Cannondale F29, Camber Expert, 650b Nickel all gone.
    2014 Giant Anthem 27.5 here.

mtbr member
    ...a used 2nd gen SC Heckler...

derp
    If you don't mind getting 2nd hand there are a lot of options .... Cannondale Rush ( even carbon ones ), Cannondale Prophet, SC Heckler, if you're lucky you might even find some deals on brand new SC Nickel/Butchers.
    2006 Cannondale Rush 650b
    2010 Cannondale Trail SL 650b
    2013 Norco Range Killer-B

mtbr member
    +1 for Jamis B1 / B2. Paid $450 for my B2 off ebay (www.sixfity.com Ebay web page)
    IMG Jamis Sixfifty B2
    Gone, but not forgotten:GT LTS-3, GT Zascar Expert Carbon, Look 986, Giant Anthem Advanced

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by madsedan View Post
    The Jamis frames are a bargain as well as the Nickels, I would have already pulled the trigger on one of these if they were so heavy.
    Huh, I think they are light for an AM frame.
    No they are not the lightest but I don't think they are "heavy".

What do you like, and consider a acceptable weight?

Members who have read this thread: 0