mtbr member
    Jun 2014

Stumpjumper FSR vs. Enduro '17

So - this question may be more for shop guys or people who get out and demo a lot... But I am in-between the Stumpy and the Enduro as I look for new bikes this year. Pretty common for a lot of riders looking for a new bike, I'm sure. Yes, I understand this choice depends heavily on rider skill and typical trail make-up.

But - for anyone who has ridden both, which bike is simply more "fun?" Which bike feels more capable all-around? Which bike feels more limitless for an intermediate/advanced trail rider?

Any insight would be great. I have ridden the 6fattie and really enjoyed it, but felt like I was maxing the suspension at times on bigger drops, but I suspect that can be changed with a bottomless token or 2.

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Go the enduro. Will a bit of time tuning the suspension you can make it pop and plow. It pedals damn well for a long travel machine as well.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by snowwcold55 View Post
    So - this question may be more for shop guys or people who get out and demo a lot... But I am in-between the Stumpy and the Enduro as I look for new bikes this year. Pretty common for a lot of riders looking for a new bike, I'm sure. Yes, I understand this choice depends heavily on rider skill and typical trail make-up.

But - for anyone who has ridden both, which bike is simply more "fun?" Which bike feels more capable all-around? Which bike feels more limitless for an intermediate/advanced trail rider?

Any insight would be great. I have ridden the 6fattie and really enjoyed it, but felt like I was maxing the suspension at times on bigger drops, but I suspect that can be changed with a bottomless token or 2.
    Enduro if I have to pick either Stumpy or Endy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Stumpjumper FSR vs. Enduro '17-img_2427.jpg  

Stumpjumper FSR vs. Enduro '17-img_2421.jpg  

Stumpjumper FSR vs. Enduro '17-img_2313.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by mansteelman View Post
    Enduro if I have to pick either Stumpy or Endy.
    Reign looks sweet!!! I'm leaning towards the '17 enduro. Love the threaded BB, the Lyrik up front, and the overall weight.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    With the kind of money we're talking now a days for bikes, I'd suggest you get and demo. Is there any reason you're hung up on Specialized? I was happy with mine until I rode other bikes and it opened my eyes.
    OG Ripley v2

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoTone View Post
    With the kind of money we're talking now a days for bikes, I'd suggest you get and demo. Is there any reason you're hung up on Specialized? I was happy with mine until I rode other bikes and it opened my eyes.
    Only reason I'm sold on Specialized is my local shop only carries Spec... and they offer full bearing replacements for life and full shock tunes for the first 2 years, as well as the typical fix-ups, which I typically do myself, but it's always good to have some back-up. Unfortunately, in my area, it's really just Specialized and Cannondale, and I rode a few cannondales and just didn't like them - the lefty freaked me out and the full-sussers felt less balanced compared to the specialized. I would love to go with a Nomad, but again, no shop support, so Spec it is.