Spot Rollik 150- Mtbr.com

Thread: Spot Rollik 150

mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Spot Rollik 150

I know its about the same bike as the 607, but it is different. Deserving its own thread?
    I am new to spot, coming off a 2016 fuel 29er. I've only been on a few short rides on my new 150 and am still ironing the kinks out, but I love this bike. My main comparison is to my old bike, and the spot does everything better. Maybe mellow double track climbs are a wash, but the rollik is a much better climber when it gets steep and/or when it gets more technical. Lots of ups and downs where i live, so a good climbing bike is important to me. And this fits the bill.
    But as soon as the trail points down....the bike really comes alive. it is so easy to turn and so confident compared to my old bike. and yes it loves to pop. it is just fun....and is a bike that could get me into trouble. or save my unskilled ass...time will tell
    I"m still working on suspension....getting close. using about 85-90% of travel on my last ride, but not hitting anything big or any drops. i have the .86 spacer which seems to be the way to go, but haven't tried it yet. and i think i need to remove a token from the fork. only using about 60-70% of travel and thats with 30% sag.
    have the 2.6 noibby nics at 14/16 but will likely get something grippier up front. its a bit muddy here....northern cal coast in the redwoods.
    bike was easy to assemble and no problems with it yet. folks at spot were great. I can't wait to get back on the bike...just need more time in my life!

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Hey mappy.

What was your old bike?

Need to know the context before we can appreciate your comparison.

NEVERMIND: Just reread your post. Missed it the first time.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Its a totally different bike but I was looking for something more aggressive yet still climbs well. I am loving it. I demo'd a pivot mach 5.5 and the spot definitley climbs better and seems a lot poppier. I'm not a good jumper, and this bike loves to pop off of things. Definitely puts a smile on my face....and the rain finally stopped! Good times

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I'm on a Pivot Mach 5.5 and loving it.

But I'm looking for something that climbs better. I came from CA where we did a lot of shuttle runs and Mammoth Mountain. Now that I am in NC I am older and we have to do that climbing thing!

Sounds like the Spot Rollik 150 might be my next bike!

pathological climber
    Dec 2010
    Hi everyone. I'm a noob on this forum, but an old timer on the mountain. I got a Rollik 150 last season and really like it. The last bike was a stumpy, so this is quite a bit different. The Rollik obviously descends better than the 120mm Stumpy, but I'm happy to say it climbs better too. My only gripes are that the Hans Dampf tires didn't make it through one easy season, and the dropper is a 150mm rather than a 170, which would have suited the extra large frame and rider better. I haven't dialed in the suspension yet, but so far it's awesome!

BTW, has anyone experimented with a coil?