scott genius 2013 650b?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2009

scott genius 2013 650b?

interesting (and I think likely false) rumor over on the Scott forum. Hope it is true though.

http://forums.mtbr.com/scott-sports/...-a-793844.html

mtbr member
    Hard to tell what model Scott bikes they are, and if any are 650b - the pic is a little blurry. Look like test or demo bikes ?

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    well looks like there might be something to this, along with a massive suspension swap. see the original link.

mtbr member
    Thanks zom - I looked further down the thread/posts and saw the actual picture and specs.
    Great for those that want 150mm travel bike.
    Still doing the 3 x 10 drivetrain - I feel that 2 x 10 is sufficient drivetrain in my opinion.
    Love to take it on a testride.
    Last edited by LukeSPOOK; 06-20-2012 at 01:31 AM.

Sail On!
    Pics are worth a thousand words.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails scott genius 2013 650b?-img-20120619-00614.jpg  

scott genius 2013 650b?-img-20120619-00615.jpg  

scott genius 2013 650b?-img-20120619-00616.jpg  

mtbr member
    Looks like a winner. SO happy this is happening.

Erik

mtbr member
    Totally didn’t believe Scott would do it. On the theory that the whole package is more important than any particular wheel size…that looks quite nice!

mtbr member
    Carbon frame is nice and light, but I hope there is an Auminium frame version as well.
    Really hoping for a smaller travel 650b Spark.

Mr.650b - Mr.27-5
    Looks great, but when did they get rid of the pull shock design?

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    If Giant doesn't make a move, this will likely be my next ride. Only real quibble that I have is the 28 hole hubs and rims...
    "We LOVE cows! They make trails for us.....

And then we eat them."

Thrill Bikers Unite!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    To me, in the photo , the bottom bracket looks high, like a 26er. The axles are in line with the bottom bracket. Hard to tell with the low quality photo.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridezum View Post
    To me, in the photo , the bottom bracket looks high, like a 26er. The axles are in line with the bottom bracket. Hard to tell with the low quality photo.
    I'm gonna guess a pretty notable sag setting with the rider aboard.

just some guy
    I want to see the rest of the catalogue this came from. Let's see the Scale and Spark!

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Yes, it is true. They had a fleet of them in switzerland about a month ago as demos for euro distributors.....reports are very good.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009

Fox 650B Talas 150-120???

I am surprised by the fork specs on the catalog scan. It says that the TALAS 650B is a factory model with 150mm travel, while everybody says that the 650B Fox forks will have 160mm travel..... Any more info on that??

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    It can be reduced fairly simply with spacers according to manufacturers spec, I would imagine.

And then we eat them."

Thrill Bikers Unite!

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Well, the FLOAT models can have their travel reduced with spacers, not the TALAS ones, that is why I am wondering...

mtbr member
    I'm riding 120mm travel front and rear now. My lower back wouldn't mind more rear suspension but the 120 up front feels fine. Not a fan of the idea of covering my bars in lockout and dropper levers.
    Not that it matters as this bike is way out of my price range. would probably be out of reach
    even with a shop form LoL!

Old, Slow and now FAT! :)
    This looks like a very nice bike and nice spec as well. What are the odds that it'll be more than $5k? That's my budget for my next bike...

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I just put together a a mach 5.7 c, which is arguably the most versatile, and best 26" trail bike in the market. I also have a 650b singlespeed, and looking at everything else in the market, I can say that there is a lot of good on this bike. I couldn't read about the head and seat tube angles, but they look good to me. The long'l center of the bottom bkt looks further back than most LT bikes out there, but they may be on the money as the chain stay looks longer than most. Mr. Pacenti - curious that you mentioned that as the pull shock on the Genius LT was the only thing I wasn't crazy about. I love the horizontal single pivotish type suspension, which combined with DW link is the best IMHO. Scott is now committed to 650B after Shurter is killing the World Championships. I think those mid travel 650b bikes will take over the market, and these Genius LT, would make me think about my 5.7, which I love, but there is a lot to say about the 650b diameter wheel, which is very good.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I heard Giant's 650 bikes will be 6" bikes and larger. The new Trance looks to be a Trance 29er.

Rep said he will know by the begining of August.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Now this is what I'm talking about. If I lived in the Alps, this would be my weapon of choice, unless Bionicon made a 650b bike.

EDIT: Giant 650b 6" and above? Too bad, a 650b Anthem and Trance would be fantastic.
    Last edited by elgatovolador; 06-23-2012 at 01:35 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Pacenti View Post
    Looks great, but when did they get rid of the pull shock design?
    Looks like a new platform, may be a floating BB. GT-ish? Who knows, but all good.

Attaboys (begrudgingly) are in order for this direction from the Swiss folk.

LBS Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeSPOOK View Post
    Carbon frame is nice and light, but I hope there is an Auminium frame version as well.
    Really hoping for a smaller travel 650b Spark.
    I spoke with a Scott rep today that informed me that there will be no xc oriented 650 bikes for next year. The reason was they say no one is making a fork.

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Ummm...he is talking out of his ass, really.

And then we eat them."

Thrill Bikers Unite!

LBS Manager
    I have seen the 2013 dealer catalog and there are no 650 B xc bikes at all in there. Most of the companies are only talking about the 5 to 6 inch market. Maybe in 2014 companies will realize that 650 B is not just a long travel thing. One of the guys on our race team who rides an air 9 took out a KHS 650 hard tail demo that we had and said if he had tested that before buying the niner he would have got it instead. He did a personal best on a bike he just pulled off the rack and raced

NedwannaB

Nice looking Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Hair Boy View Post
    I have seen the 2013 dealer catalog and there are no 650 B xc bikes at all in there. Most of the companies are only talking about the 5 to 6 inch market. Maybe in 2014 companies will realize that 650 B is not just a long travel thing. One of the guys on our race team who rides an air 9 took out a KHS 650 hard tail demo that we had and said if he had tested that before buying the niner he would have got it instead. He did a personal best on a bike he just pulled off the rack and raced
    Loks similar to the new Blur LTC to me. I like the look of the KHS as well, wondering when it's going to take off. Hard sell not being one of the "top" sellers.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009

mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Tis it!!

checkout bikeradar.com, about the Scott Genius 700 & 900

Members who have read this thread: 0