Santa Cruz 5010C vs Santa Cruz Bronson- Mtbr.com
    findthelimit
    May 2020

Santa Cruz 5010C vs Santa Cruz Bronson

Hi guys,

In need of some desperate help regarding these 2 bikes. In the past week there has been 3 Bronson’s available in my area but they have been snapped up before I even got a chance to view them..

This particular 5010C has really caught my eye though considering the mods the seller has done & you tell me how well you think it matches up with the Bronson.

Only major problem is the guy lives in literally the opposite side of the state of me, so there is no chance for a test ride or even a proper viewing.

Santa Cruz 5010C link - https://www.bikeexchange.com.au/a/du...010c/107710591

Description

“Selling my 2018 Santa Cruz 5010 C in Sriracha Red with a large frame. It has never been crashed or rough handled since it was built up, so it is like new condition,not upto 5 rides. What more can I say. Beautiful bike. Always kept in the house, never outside! Any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Just needs using. Cost almost $8000. Top quality components. Pictures don't do this bike justice, has to be seen. Genuine reason for sale. I don't mind delivering the bike a couple of hundred km from where I live or can meet halfway if the full asking price is met. Please let me know where you live beforehand.”

Specifications

REAR DERAILLEUR - SRAM GX
    SHIFTER - SRAM GX
    SHIFTING TYPE - Mechanical
    CASSETTE - Shimano Deore XT 11-46
    CHAIN - SRAM PG-1050
    CRANKS - Hope
    BRAKES - SRAM Guide RSC
    FRAME TYPE - Full Suspension
    FRAME MATERIAL - Carbon Fibre
    FORKS - RockShox Pike
    FORK MATERIAL - Aluminium
    FORK TYPE - Air
    FORK TRAVEL - 130mm
    SHOCK - Fox FLOAT DPS
    SHOCK TYPE - Air
    FRONT HUB - Hope Pro 4
    REAR HUB - Hope Pro 4
    RIMS - WTB Ci31
    RIM MATERIAL - Carbon
    TYRES - Maxxis Minnion
    TYRE WIDTH - 2.3
    HEADSET - Cane Creek
    STEM - Hope
    HANDLEBARS - Renthal Fatbar Lite
    GRIPS - DMR Deathgrip
    SADDLE - Fizik Aliante vs
    SEATPOST - RockShox

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated as I need to make a decision to either go with this bike now (seller has offered to bring it down to $3200 (AUD) or should I just wait for another Bronson to pop-up? (Only problem is the Bronson’s or any Santa Cruz are quite rare in my area)

My main question is regards to mods done to the 5010C. Do you think it is worth purchasing or should I just wait for another Bronson?

Any suggestions, opinions etc (especially on the mods done on the 5010C in the link I posted) would be GREATLY appreciated.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    The wheels are the only upgrade I see worth while. This is the v2 5010 so it's an older geometry.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    I guess it depends on what kind of riding you really prefer to do. I've had a 5010 (wish I still had mine) but if you want to ride in a bike park or seriously steep chunk, I'd probably wait for another Bronson to come around...or an Ibis HD4 as it climbs much nicer the Bronson IMO...but I did prefer the Bronson going down a touch better. Anyway, back to the 5010, it's a great all around bike for sure and if you're not the type to get especially rowdy, it's all the bike you'll need. I rode mine on plenty of rides where everybody else was on 160-180mm travel bikes.
    Carpe Diem!!