Salsa Ala Carte 650b!- Mtbr.com
    Hud
    Singletrack minded

Salsa Ala Carte 650b!

I've got some pics of my Salsa Ala Carte finally rolling on 650b wheels. Tonight will be it's first proper ride. Just enough clearance on the rear, about 3-4mm at the CS's
    Xt hubs (expecting them to come loose halfway into the ride...) laced to Stans 650b 355 rims, setup with yellow tape tubeless system. Tyres are Pacenti Neo-Moto 2.3's front and rear. Looking forward to tonight!
    Posted up a pic using the lines on the garage door to compare the wheel size to a 26" wheel.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The twenty-nine inch wheel.

Ovaries on the Outside
    Hope you like it. My roommate loves his. Pretty bikes to boot, I think it would be among my top choices if I had the scratch.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Nice! Enjoy.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I really like the brown/tan ones I've seen.
    I've yet to see an orange one though. What year?
    Have others done this mod?
    Are you running the 2.3s low pressure?

Hud
    Singletrack minded
    This is an '06. Not sure about pressures yet. Generally speaking, do you run them low or high in relation to ones 'normal' pressures?
    The twenty-nine inch wheel.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Very curious on how you liked this setup? also what is the travel on that fork? generally speaking 80mm is the recommended for this frame- but I know i've ran a 100mm and had good lines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hud View Post
    I've got some pics of my Salsa Ala Carte finally rolling on 650b wheels. Tonight will be it's first proper ride. Just enough clearance on the rear, about 3-4mm at the CS's
    Xt hubs (expecting them to come loose halfway into the ride...) laced to Stans 650b 355 rims, setup with yellow tape tubeless system. Tyres are Pacenti Neo-Moto 2.3's front and rear. Looking forward to tonight!
    Posted up a pic using the lines on the garage door to compare the wheel size to a 26" wheel.

Members who have read this thread: 0