Rocky Mtn- Mtbr.com

Thread: Rocky Mtn

mtbr member
    Jan 2015

Rocky Mtn

What do you guys think of the 2015 RM Fusion 27.5. Have a local dealer here I didn't know about.Is that fork ok?it's a " Suntour Raidon LO 27.5. 120mm " is it a air shock?How's it compare to the Talon 2. thanks

Lone Wolf

Cool-blue Rhythm

I did the Suntour customer loyalty program upgrade from the (For Light duty trail riding only) SR fork to the Raidon on my old 29er HT.

Having never been on a better fork the Raidon transformed my bike and my riding.
    On my full squish now with a Rockshox XC 30 TK and its fine but I think the Raidon would be a step or two up from the XC 30..

Goes Like this If I understand what I found on the Raidon,
    coil on one side, Air on the other leg and 34 mm tubes.
    Lockout and rebound damping only.

Some good Info here:
    SR Suntour North America | SR Suntour Customer Loyalty Upgrade Program

That Raidon is a $350 fork, Through the upgrade program it cost me $189, my local bike shop charged me $30 to cut and mount it. So, If I needed a new fork tomorrow the Raidon would be the first I would look to for my 27.5 full squish.
    “I seek only the Flow”,
    Climbing Is Supposed To Be Hard,
    Shut Up Legs :P

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Thanks osco. I'm liking the RM Fusion for $1000. I noticed it has a tapered head too.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Osco View Post
    I did the Suntour customer loyalty program upgrade from the (For Light duty trail riding only) SR fork to the Raidon on my old 29er HT.

Having never been on a better fork the Raidon transformed my bike and my riding.
    On my full squish now with a Rockshox XC 30 TK and its fine but I think the Raidon would be a step or two up from the XC 30..

Goes Like this If I understand what I found on the Raidon,
    coil on one side, Air on the other leg and 34 mm tubes.
    Lockout and rebound damping only.

Some good Info here:
    SR Suntour North America | SR Suntour Customer Loyalty Upgrade Program

That Raidon is a $350 fork, Through the upgrade program it cost me $189, my local bike shop charged me $30 to cut and mount it. So, If I needed a new fork tomorrow the Raidon would be the first I would look to for my 27.5 full squish.
    I did the same thing. The fork is insanely good. I've tried Rockshox 32TK Air on a Cannondale not sure on model hard tail, and found the Raidon to be better imho. I tuned both to similar sag, and tuned the rebound as I went on the Rockshox.
    I found the Raidon to be less twitchy when meeting the obstacle (compressing).
    Also the rebound was better on the Raidon overall in terms of not bouncing all over the place on continous bumps/rocks.
    The only real benefit I could see on the Rockshox was that it was a 15QR versus my 9mm QR. Felt different, however due to the better performance on the Raidon not sure if I can say it was better or not.