• 06-10-2011
    DekerfTeamST
    PSA - Several Haro 650b Offerings
    I've got no affiliation to this shop but they are near my location and are legit. Just happened to stumble across these offerings while doing a quick 650b search on Ebay. Looks like some nice options for someone considering the jump into the 650b world.

http://sporting-goods.shop.ebay.com/...50b&_sacat=382
  • 06-10-2011
    scottybinwv
    $hit! A set of P35's for $319 and free shipping. :thumbsup:

How does the sizing run on these frames?

answer to my own question

http://issuu.com/harobikes/docs/haromtb2010catalog
  • 06-10-2011
    scottybinwv
    Darn you and your gear whore enabling ways. :D
  • 06-11-2011
    cruiserman
    I'm 6', and the 18" Beasley frame fits well.
  • 06-11-2011
    DekerfTeamST
    I ran into two guys who work for this shop today at my local trail. They were both on a 2010 Jamis 650B1 & 2.
  • 06-14-2011
    scottybinwv
    Boxes of fun showed up today.
  • 06-14-2011
    DekerfTeamST
    Quote:

Originally Posted by scottybinwv View Post
    Boxes of fun showed up today.

Details? ;)
  • 06-14-2011
    scottybinwv
    White forks and a XT bb on the way. Thinking about fitting a triple on it for a gravel grinder. Going through the parts bin. The Nevegals look like they were made for the P35's. Spare wheels to have street treads, where are those 650b hookworms?

• 06-15-2011
    DekerfTeamST
    Quote:

White forks and a XT bb on the way. Thinking about fitting a triple on it for a gravel grinder. Going through the parts bin. The Nevegals look like they were made for the P35's. Spare wheels to have street treads, where are those 650b hookworms?

Street Treads - http://www.bikelugs.com/store/index....&intItemID=137
  • 06-15-2011
    MMcG
    Quote:

$hit! A set of P35's for $319 and free shipping. :thumbsup:

How does the sizing run on these frames?

answer to my own question

http://issuu.com/harobikes/docs/haromtb2010catalog

That link won't work for me scotty - can you email me the geometry chart

Thanks.

Mark
    [email protected]
  • 06-15-2011
    scottybinwv
  • 07-01-2011
    scottybinwv
    my new ride on my new ride

• 07-01-2011
    elrancho66
    Quote:

my new ride on my new ride

Great looking ride, what's your thoughts on the setup after a few rides?
    Did you ditch the rigid Haro fork in the trash bin? If not, let's talk
    2 wheels good:thumbsup:
  • 07-01-2011
    MMcG
    Those Nevagals look massive on those P35s!
  • 07-01-2011
    scottybinwv
    Only time for one ride so far. It is fun, the fork is a tad longer than the frame is intended for, steep climbs are a bit twitchy and challenging. White Bros Fluid 100. It feels good in tight tech but I am taking it slow for now. I am keeping the rigid fork so I can pretend road ride with my cross buddies.

I like the simple set up even though it can be a bit hard on my aging body. I could not pass up the deal on the frame, some parts were on hand and others were on sale for a good price. Used XTR/XT in the build.
  • 07-01-2011
    mtbdee
    Quote:

Only time for one ride so far. It is fun, the fork is a tad longer than the frame is intended for, steep climbs are a bit twitchy and challenging. White Bros Fluid 100. It feels good in tight tech but I am taking it slow for now. I am keeping the rigid fork so I can pretend road ride with my cross buddies.

I like the simple set up even though it can be a bit hard on my aging body. I could not pass up the deal on the frame, some parts were on hand and others were on sale for a good price. Used XTR/XT in the build.

Surprised to hear that a 100mm fork is too long on that bike. The stock fork is really long and my Beasley actually sped up with a 100mm X Fusion Velvet. I ran a Fox Van 140 on my Beasley for a while before I sold it. The thing was an unstoppable force with that fork... So much fun, too bad I had to sell it. And too bad Haro dropped the 650b wheels completely.
  • 07-01-2011
    rockhound
    Does anyone know what is the biggest 700c tire you can run on a Beasley frame?

I'm thinking (i.e. dreaming) of building a rigid Beasley with a 700c street/gravel wheelset and a 650b mtb wheelset.

Anyone know the axle-to-crown on the stock rigid fork?
  • 07-02-2011
    scottybinwv
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mtbdee View Post
    Surprised to hear that a 100mm fork is too long on that bike. The stock fork is really long and my Beasley actually sped up with a 100mm X Fusion Velvet. I ran a Fox Van 140 on my Beasley for a while before I sold it. The thing was an unstoppable force with that fork... So much fun, too bad I had to sell it. And too bad Haro dropped the 650b wheels completely.

It is probably just me getting used to a new setup more than anything. I think the Haro specs say it optimized for 80mm of travel so 100mm is PDC.

I really love the Nevegals on the P35 rims, reminds me of my Fat bike. I was bummed when they would not fit my 650b converted Stumpy but now happy they have a home. Great hookup on the trail. Still tweaking the cockpit a bit and the darn rear derailleur cable is stretching a tad.