mtbr member

A Prophet with Lefty Hypothetical

Say one had a Prophet with a Lefty right?

The 650b would fit in the rear correct? But what about the Lefty - would any travel mods need to be done?

Just sort of e-wondering about that type of set up and wasn't sure if you'd have to give up some front travel to do it.

Hrmmmm............

Whattya think?

Mr.650b - Mr.27-5
    Quote Originally Posted by MMcG
    Say one had a Prophet with a Lefty right?

The 650b would fit in the rear correct? But what about the Lefty - would any travel mods need to be done?

Just sort of e-wondering about that type of set up and wasn't sure if you'd have to give up some front travel to do it.

Hrmmmm............

Whattya think?

Cracked Headtube has a friend in FL who is running this set up with no problems what so ever. I keep trying to get him to post some pics here along with a ride report, but I don't think he's into the whole forum thing...

mtbr member
    Sounds like Crackedheadtube needs to go on "assignment" to snap us some pics!

nothing relevant to say
    Quote Originally Posted by MMcG
    Sounds like Crackedheadtube needs to go on "assignment" to snap us some pics!
    ah fudge.

mnt bike laws of physics
    I,m sure it would work for a carbon left max. I measured mine and there is a few millimeters to spare, but that is all you need with a lefty because of its unique design.

The alloy is questionable. Would have to measure for yourself. The steerer tube clamps look a little wider.

mtbr member
    This thread also makes me wonder if an older Gemini - the one with the air shock and lefty - would work! that would be a sick combo!

PCC
    mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    The only real negative I could see to this setup is that the ride height on a Prophet in the XC setting is pretty tall already and putting an even larger diameter tire on it would raise you up even higher, not to mention the decreased crotch clearance you would end up with. You'll have plenty of pedal clearance, though.

PCC
    mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    After reading these forums some more I'm beginning to wonder if I should convert my '06 Prophet into a 76'er?

Members who have read this thread: 0