HTFU and Ride

Possible project...Fork reccomendations please...

I already have an older SS bike that I built up last summer. I really enjoyed the single speed style of riding/walking up LONG climbs I am a big guy (6'3" & 270s) and have been told I would really like a 29er. Problem is I don't have the $$$$ for a brand new 29er and I would like to build up another bike myself. I have an IronHorse frame I picked up on eBay on the cheap and would like to make a rigid SS 96er. I am leaning toward the On One fork but I am worried it is going to be too long A-C. I don't have the cash to get the Pace and I have heard the Zion (though cheap, is not as nice). In the end I want a bike that is fun to ride, with some of the benefits of the full on 29er.

What fork would be the best choice between the KM, On One, Salsa? Or others as well.

Also, what suggestions does anyone have for the build up? Component suggestions, tires etc?

Thanks much

Bite Me.
    The Surly Instigator fork will take a 29er wheel and tire, is plenty burly for your size and is a pertty decent price (around $80). Since it's configured for a 26er, the AC height will be less than a 29er fork, so that seems to fit your criteria as well. I run one on my 29 commuter.
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

HTFU and Ride

clearance...

Will it clear a 2.2+ Rampage?

nothing relevant to say
    Oh yeah: clearance? You got your clearance. www.surlybikes.com

HTFU and Ride

thanks...

for the info! ill post pics once i get this beast done

Members who have read this thread: 0