New bike YT VS Canyon- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2019

New bike YT VS Canyon

Hello guys!

I'm looking for a new bike!

Its between the Canyon Spectral 7.0 and Yt Jeffsy 27 CF COMP.

its hard for me to decide. The bike have to be fun and playful, thats why i have choosen the 27.5" but whats the best bike for the bucks?

YT:
    https://www.yt-industries.com/en/det.../sCategory/509

Canyon:
    https://www.canyon.com/de-de/mountai...ahmengroesse=S

Thank you.

mtbr member
    honestly, either one. Unless you can test ride either of them, just get the one you like the most. I have finally seen some YT's in the wild (Jeffsey) , and their owners said they liked them and once they ordered, had their bikes in like 3-4 days. Canyon had a booth at the last Fat Tire festival I went to, and they had a lot of bikes going out. My buddy tried the Spectral 7, and he is going to most likely order one. I like the YT more, just based on frame and colors. Plus their Alu frames look as good as their carbon frames. Not all bikes can pull that off. My vote, the YT. Based on nothing.

mtbr member
    Mar 2019
    Okay, so you would go with the YT.. i have found this RADON.

https://www.radon-bikes.de/en/mounta...son/jab-90-ms/

I have to say i really like that bike. But its so hard to choose..

So now i have to choose between Radon, YT and Canyon.. God damnit

mtbr member
    May 2011
    They seem pretty comparable with components etc. pick the one with the best colors, best warranty and customer service.

mtbr member
    Mar 2019
    I will try to, but its a pretty hard decision i think .. They are all three awesome looking bikes and nice components for the buck

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    I've ridden both, within the past few weeks. Rode a '19 Spectral 8.0 at our local festival and my buddy just got a '19 Jeffsy 27 CF Pro last week.

Both super fun bikes. The Spectral's front end felt a bit more lively than the Jeffsy, but overall I like the Jeffsy better. Plus the Jeffsy looks better, IMO. Their customer service is also pretty top notch.

That being said, I don't think you can go wrong with either bike.
    2019 Santa Cruz 5010 Carbon C. R Build, in Purple.
    Spank//i9//Deity//Magura//MRP

mtbr member
    Mar 2019
    #chadbrochills

OKay nice to hear! But how was the jeffsy to ride like overall? i love to jump and have fun on a bike, but it have to be a bike where i can ride all day.. But im looking on the Jeffsy 27 CF pro. its a beautiful bike and was my number one choice until i found the two other bikes..

mtbr member
    Dude, either the Jeffsey or the Spectral are going to be fun to ride and playful. Pretty much all modern bikes are. You should skim over the YT and Canyon owners threads on here too. Just realize for every 100 people who say they love their bike and the customer service, there will be 1 or two who have the opposite experience. They probably did, but don't let one or two negatives out way the majority of positives. Also people on here get really anal about how a bike climbs. I am sure either bike climbs just fine, its more about the rider than the bike. Most just suck at climbing and just want to blame something other than themselves or spend too much time over thinking technical things that the average rider won't even notice. So don't listen to too much overly technical shit. One thing to note, if you want "playful", check out the 5010. That bike was designed for the playful reckless riding like you want. I have one, and it is a hoot to roost on. Just a suggestion though. Really, just get the one you see your self shredding on the most. Don't hesitate to call YT or Canyon or any of them, and bullshit with them to get feel how their service and passion for their bikes are. Now go and pull the trigger already.

mtbr member
    That Radon looks pretty nice though. You do have some tough choices to make hahaha

mtbr member
    Mar 2019
    Haha thanks for the nice reply, yes its damn hard to choose haha

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by REBBER View Post
    #chadbrochills

OKay nice to hear! But how was the jeffsy to ride like overall? i love to jump and have fun on a bike, but it have to be a bike where i can ride all day.. But im looking on the Jeffsy 27 CF pro. its a beautiful bike and was my number one choice until i found the two other bikes..
    I rode it this weekend again on our 5' jump line, it was almost as fun as my 5010. Afterwards, we rode almost 30mi of trails. My buddy said it's super comfortable and easy to ride on the trails.

mtbr member
    I went down that same path... Jeffsey versus Spectral. Spent way too much time trying to decide, only to get a Whyte T-130 at the last minute (also a consumer direct bike). A little more bang for the big (not by much). Having ridden all three, I would put the T-130 at the top of the "playful" column. I feel like it's more snappy and lighter feeling that the other two. It likes to get off the ground, and lands predictably. I think it climbs better than the Jeffsey, about the same as the Spectral.
    Last edited by fredcook; 03-29-2019 at 05:56 AM.
    You didn't quit riding because you're old, you're old because you quit riding.

jrm
    mtbr member
    Just got an e-mail from YT introduicing a 10% deal unitl 4/2..

#GOODTIMES are just around the corner! The grand opening of the “YT MILL” is this weekend and spring is on it’s way! Join us Saturday, March 30th from 11am to 4pm at our YTUS location to help break in our new showroom. There will be free-ish food and beer (small donation required to Sensus R.A.D. Trail Foundation), famous athletes, and a top level raffle!

To help celebrate the opening, we are also offering a limited 10% off sale! From now until April 2nd 10% off all 2019 models (excluding DECOY). Get yours now!

Good luck

mtbr member
    Mar 2019
    #JRM

Damn! i think im going for the 2018 jeffsy cf. its 300 euros cheaper here in denmark. But do you think the price will be dropped even more?

mtbr member
    May 2016
    Commencal, Whyte, Fezzari...

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by jrm View Post
    Just got an e-mail from YT introduicing a 10% deal unitl 4/2..

#GOODTIMES are just around the corner! The grand opening of the “YT MILL” is this weekend and spring is on it’s way! Join us Saturday, March 30th from 11am to 4pm at our YTUS location to help break in our new showroom. There will be free-ish food and beer (small donation required to Sensus R.A.D. Trail Foundation), famous athletes, and a top level raffle!

To help celebrate the opening, we are also offering a limited 10% off sale! From now until April 2nd 10% off all 2019 models (excluding DECOY). Get yours now!

Good luck
    My buddy got the same email the other day, the same day he took delivery of his new Jeffsy. lol. Would've saved him like $400.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by fredcook View Post
    ..Having ridden all three, I would put the T-130 at the top of the "playful" column. I feel like it's more snappy and lighter feeling that the other two. It likes to get off the ground, and lands predictably. I think it climbs better than the Jeffsey, about the same as the Spectral.
    Hey @fredcook can you tell us please about the Whyte T-130 cockpit? MB Action review mentions a "compact" cockpit... is that more or equally compact as the Jeffsy and Spectral?

I'm 5' 9 and prefer a larger cockpit as I came off an old style Titus Switchblade with a 115mm stem.

It is hard to decide but out of the three* brands mentioned, only Canyon is on sale and Whyte has a '20 models pre-order special.

*I can't get Radon in the USA