My budget 650b wheels (& I jumped the shark)- Mtbr.com
    Dude, got any schwag?

My budget 650b wheels (& I jumped the shark)

I caught the 650 bug down @ Sea Otter, and now have pretty much everything but the frame. (Shark jump right there).

So... My wheels. I scored an insider deal for a pair of Sun Inferno hoops in 27.5 (a deal so good it can't be mentioned here), then found a rear 142x12 SRAM X9 hub on ebay for $55 shipped, then just scored a front X9 15mm hub for $51. To that I added a set of Racing Ralphs for around $55 each.

The frame will be an Intense Carbine, and I've got every other part for it when I can get one with the new dropouts.
    Billy

Speed is sweet, it's like an avenue to
    ... Shredtopia!

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    You really pu the cart before the horse! I can't wait for ride report, but I guess i will have to!
    2015 Niner Jet 9 Carbon
    2014 Focus Raven 27R
    2017 Lynskey GR250
    2016 Niner BSB
    1987 Haro RS1

banned
    Feb 2012
    Do you have an ETA for the dropouts?

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Your not using the term jumped the shark correctly.

"Jumping the shark is an idiom created by Jon Hein that is used to describe the moment in the evolution of a television show when it begins a decline in quality that is beyond recovery. The phrase is also used to refer to a particular scene, episode or aspect of a show in which the writers use some type of "gimmick" in a desperate attempt to keep viewers' interest.

In its initial usage, it referred to the point in a television program's history when the program had outlived its freshness and viewers had begun to feel that the show's writers were out of new ideas, often after great effort was made to revive interest in the show by the writers, producers, or network.[1][2][3]

The usage of "jump the shark" has subsequently broadened beyond television, indicating the moment in its evolution when a brand, design, or creative effort moves beyond the essential qualities that initially defined its success, beyond relevance or recovery."

"Cart before the horse" is appropriate.

Just trying to help!

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Hahahahahhhahah

Dude, got any schwag?
    Thanks for hijacking my post, but I'm sticking to my guns on this one. Ya see, the whole purpose of this bike build is that my old arse is in decline and is beyond recovery, and thus my "gimmick" in a desperate attempt to keep relevant among the Mtn Biking community here in Bend.
    Billy

Speed is sweet, it's like an avenue to
    ... Shredtopia!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc D View Post
    Your not using the term jumped the shark correctly.

"Jumping the shark is an idiom created by Jon Hein that is used to describe the moment in the evolution of a television show when it begins a decline in quality that is beyond recovery. The phrase is also used to refer to a particular scene, episode or aspect of a show in which the writers use some type of "gimmick" in a desperate attempt to keep viewers' interest.

In its initial usage, it referred to the point in a television program's history when the program had outlived its freshness and viewers had begun to feel that the show's writers were out of new ideas, often after great effort was made to revive interest in the show by the writers, producers, or network.[1][2][3]

The usage of "jump the shark" has subsequently broadened beyond television, indicating the moment in its evolution when a brand, design, or creative effort moves beyond the essential qualities that initially defined its success, beyond relevance or recovery."

"Cart before the horse" is appropriate.

Just trying to help!
    A bit more background is needed...

Fonzie jumps the shark

Members who have read this thread: 0